RSS Feed Print
Hard to believe
SadinHeart
Posted: Wednesday, April 18, 2012 11:07 AM

Today I was looking at the pictures in my phone and I see mom's picture from Halloween. I bought her this cute Spooky t-shirt and I put this thing on her head that were red devil's horns. She smiled so pretty for the picture. My mom had pretty light skin and beautiful blue eyes. I always dyed her hair blonde because she looked so pretty in blonde.

As I look at her picture the first thought that came to my mind was "this is hard to believe". I just cannot believe mom and dad are gone.

dayn2nite
Posted: Wednesday, April 18, 2012 4:40 PM

I know exactly what you mean.  I've been looking at pictures from the Christmas party at the NH and mom looked so good then.  Little did I know that she'd be gone less than 4 months later. 

I stopped by the NH today because I'm still trying to talk to as many of the staff as I can to thank them individually for all they've done for mom.  I saw one of the activities ladies and told her how much mom loved her.  She started to cry (which means I cried to) and she said she misses mom so much.  You know, it must be so hard for the staff there, they get so involved in the residents' lives and the losses must mount up after a while.  I don't know if I could do it.

OMNI461
Posted: Wednesday, April 18, 2012 10:40 PM

I had forgot my camera for this past Christmas so I don't have any pictures of that, but I sure do remember how much Mom loved opening the presents. She was like a little kid! I sure would not have ever thought that this would be one of the last times I would see her "healthy" and not in a hospital bed. We are never ready for that ending to come....are we? Her birthday was last week and I sure did miss sending her a card and wishing her a happy birthday. Of course, I have several cards I had saved up to send her...she collected butterflies, so I always bought cards with butterflies when I saw them.