RSS Feed Print
Spiritual Beings
SadinHeart
Posted: Tuesday, April 24, 2012 5:54 AM

Last night I was watching Oprah's Lifeclass and she said something that I would like to share.

"We are spiritual beings having a human experience".

I googled the phrase and found out the author: Pierre Teilhard de Chardin  ( 1 May 1881  –  10 April 1955 ) was a French Jesuit priest trained as a paleontologist and a philosopher, and was present at the discovery of  Peking Man. 

Very interesting phrase. You realize that we are on this earth for only a while and those that are leaving us have finished their human experience. They moved on to something else. We dont know what, but one day we too will find out.

That is why when I read about people having near death experiences and they say that they saw a loved one, that is God's way of showing us someone we knew to comfort us, but we really are all spiritual beings and as long as we are in the human form we cannot comprehend what we would see in the spiritual form.

What are your thoughts on this?

Beth in Indiana
Posted: Tuesday, April 24, 2012 7:26 AM

It's interesting.  I caught a piece of that show last night I think and what I took away from the ah-ha moment was we're all on this planet to help each other.  It isn't just one person's 'calling' or 'purpose', it's everyone's.  Granted some are better than others at it or 'later in their development' as her guest would say ... and perhaps it was a different show altogether than the one you mention, but it connect to the spiritual side I thougtht.

I believe we're spiritual in the fact that we have subconscious's.  To me, that's always represented my spiritual self.  Something not in the everyday world.  And I swear - it's smarter than my conscious self!  lol! 

So I think we can get glimpses at the spiritual world long before we die.  Does that make sense?  No, I don't talk to myself   I do like to think we'll know more when we die.  I think it's interesting that so many people when dying have the exact same experience thou - seeing loved ones, bright lights, incredible beauty.  It makes me think there's something embedded in us that is triggered when death approaches to at the very least ease the fear. 

dayn2nite
Posted: Tuesday, April 24, 2012 11:31 AM

LOL, here I come, the nut.  I have always dabbled in psychic/metaphysical type things my whole life. 

****WARNING****  What I am about to discuss is considered an occult topic, so if you are very anti-metaphysical practices or anti-psychic, please do not read this post. 

I've done a lot of meditation/trance work for myself and especially work in the akashic records, which is a collection of everything that has, is and will happen in a person's life.  I do not read anyone else's records, I only read my own.  Going to the Hall of Records involves going to "heaven", but only to the hall.  Often, I will write down very significant things I see after I come out of trance.

On March 15 I saw my mother up there.  She was laughing and kind of hovering about 10 feet in the air.  She didn't interact with me at all, just kind of flew around and was having a good time.

Then she died on April 1.  For a couple of weeks I have not tranced because I didn't know what I would see there.  I went again a couple of nights ago and she was there, but this time with what I'll call a male guide.  She looked wonderful and probably in her 30s.  She told me she was very busy, but she wanted to tell me I had taken very good care of her.  Then, the guide put his arm around her shoulders and led her away, she looked back once and was smiling at me.

As Beth said, the experience is embedded in all of us. 

Beth in Indiana
Posted: Tuesday, April 24, 2012 1:21 PM

How interesting!  It sounds like you were hesitant to visit after her death.  I can understand that, being somewhat afraid of what you'll see or not see.  What beautiful pictures you did see!  That must have given you such a sense of peace. 

I'm all for peace, in whatever form you can find it! lol!

dayn2nite
Posted: Tuesday, April 24, 2012 5:27 PM

Yeah, I definitely was afraid to do it right after, I had no idea whether she would come or what she'd look like.

I have definitely felt more at peace with her death for the past couple of days, which is a good thing.

SadinHeart
Posted: Wednesday, April 25, 2012 3:06 PM

dayn2nite, that is so interesting. I wish I could do that and see my parents. Before my mom died I asked her to send me a sign that her and dad are okay. So far no sign. I did specify to please not scare me. LOL. Oh well.

I was smiling as I read your post. How wonderful that the Lord allowed your mom to come and greet you. I am a strong believer that there is another world around us that we cannot connect with but it is there. After I heard the NDE stories of the little boys I know it is real that our souls move on to another place. An adult could make up all kinds of things based on their religious beliefs, but not a child, they are too innocent.

dayn2nite
Posted: Wednesday, April 25, 2012 4:06 PM

SAH, I have heard from a number of people that when a person dies with dementia (even if the actual cause was something else), that they go to Heaven and immediately are put in a kind of "rehab" where they can rest, recuperate and are slowly introduced into their new surroundings.  It has to do with how devastating the disease is on the person who has it, where they need extra care.

And because time is different there, what is the blink of an eye there could be a year here, and prior to death they are already spending time being cared for there--which are the times they seem unaware of their surroundings and unresponsive to us when we are trying to engage them.

I know I haven't seen a thing I would regard as a sign from mom here, and when I went into my record that night instead of a specific question, I just asked them to show me what I most needed to see/know.  And she and the guide came in.

Doreen
Posted: Thursday, April 26, 2012 1:04 AM

Sadinheart, 

What are the NDE stories?  

SadinHeart
Posted: Thursday, April 26, 2012 4:43 AM

Doreen, I'm not sure if you are asking me what NDE stands for or to tell you one NDE story, so I'll do both.

NDE stands for near death experiences. These are people that almost die and come back.

If you google it you will find a lot of stories. There is one website that has videos and you see/hear people tell their own story. You can google near death experiences videos.

One story that captivated my attention was the little boy that wrote a book later called Heaven is For Real......http://heavenisforreal.net/ 

dayn2nite
Posted: Saturday, April 28, 2012 11:09 PM

I had heard about this child, but never knew all the details.  "Nobody is old in Heaven" stuck out to me, as my mom was in the prime of her life when I saw her.  When I go to the Hall of Records, I don't really get to see "Heaven", all I see is the hall, but in the tunnel going to the light (which I do have to go through), I am walking with many other people, they are like shadows to me.  When I step out of the tunnel, I am always alone, though.  Then I have to go up a staircase and when I get to the end the hall is right in front of me.  There are people outside, but I they don't interact with me and I really don't see facial details, I just know they are people.

I also remembered something else about this last time I went.  I didn't have a specific question in mind when I went--I just said "show me what you think I need to see" and here came mom and the guide.

SadinHeart
Posted: Wednesday, May 2, 2012 11:12 AM

dayn2nite... could you tell me how you do that? and how do you decide when to come back?

If you do it again, please do come here and share it with us. I am very interested.

Maybe one day you may see my parents. Who knows.

dayn2nite
Posted: Wednesday, May 2, 2012 3:55 PM

I don't think we're allowed to put links in posts, but I have an MP3 of a guided self-hypnosis called Akashic Records:  Hypnosis Universal Knowledge And Intuition With Binaural Beats by Anna Thompson.  If you search for it on Amazon, you will find it.  I'm not sure if it comes in CD form or not--I just have the MP3 on my iPod.

There are samples on the Amazon page of each of the steps.  At the very least, it's an extremely relaxing 1-1/2 hours.

In the beginning, this will take you through the steps of getting there and coming back, but after you've listened to it many times, you really don't need it.  When I found I felt like I was done and was just hanging around waiting for her to say it was time to wake up, I stopped using it all the time.  I can now listen to pretty much any soothing music and do it.

SadinHeart
Posted: Wednesday, May 2, 2012 5:27 PM

It sounds interesting and even tempting. Were you scared the first time you tried?

It reminds me of the movie "flat liners". A group of doctors that flat lined themselves so they can have a near death experience.

dayn2nite
Posted: Wednesday, May 2, 2012 6:04 PM

The first time I did it was well before mom passed away, so I really wasn't afraid.  I've become more afraid since she has died.  In fact, the last time I wrote about it was the last time I went.  I've been thinking about doing it again, but when I get in bed I think "I do it tomorrow".
heart
Posted: Wednesday, May 2, 2012 10:15 PM

A friend's mom died of Alzheimers. After her death, I saw her in a dream at her daughter's house, peeking out at me, waving while she stood ironing. She was wearing a huge smile. I told my friend. It gave her great comfort though she wished she herself would have experienced the dream.
heart
Posted: Wednesday, May 2, 2012 10:20 PM

Last year, I had a surgery that turned out to be much more complicated than the drs predicited. As a result, the recovery was long and very, very painful. I am not sure if it was the meds or my illness that brought a vision of an angel at my bedside about a week after my return home and two weeks post surgery.

My pre surgery state of mind was very poor,partly due to the stress from caregiving and the negative effects it was having on my life, and also due to the discomfort I was feeling from my health condition. So, it was comforting to see the clear vision of an angel. I needed all the help  I could get during that time.

SadinHeart
Posted: Thursday, May 3, 2012 3:30 PM

What did the angel look like?
dayn2nite
Posted: Thursday, May 3, 2012 3:35 PM

Yes, what did the angel look like?  I can't wait till you come back to tell us.
SadinHeart
Posted: Thursday, May 3, 2012 3:45 PM

In the book "Heaven is For Real", the little boy described the angels as very tall and muscular white beings.
heart
Posted: Thursday, May 3, 2012 6:17 PM

It was a simple form covered in white , sitting down with head bowed.

I did not mention that on another ocassion prior to this, I saw a similar shape sitting in the same place covered in black. When I saw that, it scared me. It also straightened my thinking out since I was having some negative thoughts:the thoughts tired of being a caregiver, wondering how i could continue my caregiving duties with all the recovery i needed, thoughts of wanting "normal" back since caregiving took that away,and in general, feeling quite hopeless. I saw the Black Visitor by my bed as a warning that I could either continue going down into the black hole i had been spiralling downward in, or focus on healing physically and emotionally, coming out of the darkness.

Beth in Indiana
Posted: Friday, May 4, 2012 7:18 AM

Interesting.  How clever you are to think through that symbol and 'straighten yourself out'   Kudos! 

I think I'm having a hard time remembering my dreams (for my journal and to think about) for some of the same reasons.  I think there's an underlying fear there.  I think it's hard for rational (?) beings to embrace fear, embrace change for sure.  And yet, so often when we do, it turns out for the best, doesn't it?

wishing us all white angels....

SadinHeart
Posted: Friday, May 4, 2012 2:02 PM

That is very interesting what you say about the dark and the white presence in your room.

We all have a dark presence around us trying to confuse us and bring us down. Some people give into it and unfortunately they do get buried into that dark hole. We have to recognize it and turn away from it. Good for you for turning away from it.

Even death has a positive side.