RSS Feed Print
Easter Blessing
CarllyJean
Posted: Wednesday, March 27, 2013 7:39 PM

Wishing you a happy Spring and blessed Easter season!  I remember my mom's last Easter with us.  My daughter and I went to the NH to visit and to bring her an Easter lily and then to bring her to an Easter service and tea downstairs.  She was so sweet.  We would say to her, "Christ is Risen!" and she would reply, "He is risen, indeed!"  By this time, she spoke very little and appeared to remember even less.  These words came from her heart and soul.  Taught to her as a child and declared as a 90 year old woman.  CJ
dj okay
Posted: Thursday, March 28, 2013 8:24 PM

Same to you CarlyJean!

This is my first Easter without my mother.  But I rejoice that Easter gives me the hope of eternal life and I will see her again.

CarllyJean
Posted: Friday, March 29, 2013 3:07 PM

Amen!  I will say a prayer for both of us and our dear mothers.  I imagine Easter is pretty amazing in heaven!  CJ
Nora
Posted: Friday, March 29, 2013 6:13 PM

Our Moms will be singing His praises in Heaven on Easter Sunday, while we miss them here on earth.

Wishing one and all a blessed Easter season,

Nora

dayn2nite
Posted: Friday, March 29, 2013 7:59 PM

Happy Easter to all, that day will be the 364th day my mother has been gone and the following day of course is 1 year.  I've been pretty weepy all week, anything sad I can't even watch.
Cloud
Posted: Saturday, March 30, 2013 6:12 PM

Your posts reminding me this is the first Easter since my husband's body died.  He is with me in spirit.  Easter was not a big holiday for him, but I enjoyed hearing that response from the heart to He Is Risen.  We say that in our church too, He Is Risen Indeed!  Spiritual teachings stay with us our whole lives until the last neurons fade. I found in my husband's things he had kept many of his Mother's notes she had written in hymnals and Bibles.  Makes me realize what we write down for the future may live on to bless others.  And even ourselves.  Makes me want to write down good things, words of encouragement.  Thank you all for being here.  God Bless.
Tomc5592
Posted: Saturday, March 30, 2013 6:17 PM

Wishing you all a peaceful Easter and springtime.

To those who do not celebrate Easter, I hope the springtime brings you peace and memories of joy with your LO's.

micasa
Posted: Saturday, March 30, 2013 6:58 PM

Happy Easter!  Happy Spring!  My prayer tomorrow morning will include all of you; my 'Alz Connected' friends who understand like no one else can !!
dayn2nite
Posted: Saturday, March 30, 2013 10:36 PM

CarllyJean wrote:
Wishing you a happy Spring and blessed Easter season!  I remember my mom's last Easter with us.  My daughter and I went to the NH to visit and to bring her an Easter lily and then to bring her to an Easter service and tea downstairs.  She was so sweet.  We would say to her, "Christ is Risen!" and she would reply, "He is risen, indeed!"  By this time, she spoke very little and appeared to remember even less.  These words came from her heart and soul.  Taught to her as a child and declared as a 90 year old woman.  CJ

Even after our LOs stopped talking, every once in a while they would say something amazing.

My mom was down to "yes" and "no" (with no coming way more often).  One of the ladies who sat at her table had died the week before.  Mom said "I miss Edith."  I asked her what she thought Edith was doing right then and mom said "She's dining with the angels." 

Amazing, isn't it.

farawaydaughter
Posted: Sunday, March 31, 2013 2:11 AM

dayn2nite, that is very sweet, what your mom said. A very lovely thought indeed.

Thank you for sharing those words of much wisdom from your mom.

farawaydaughter

CarllyJean
Posted: Sunday, March 31, 2013 10:54 AM

What a lovely image of all these loved ones, "dining with the angels".  Tonight as we sit down to our Easter dinner, I will imagine this.  Thank you, CJ  Happy Easter!