RSS Feed Print
inspiring pictures
quits
Posted: Sunday, April 20, 2014 3:59 PM

Leebly,

I don't think that is spamming....I think that is sharing.

You aren't selling anything.

Did your grandmother like being a model for you? Do you have more photos that show her face, her personality when not in costume?

I am sorry for your loss, inspired by the photo memories you created with her.

shayeinsd
Posted: Saturday, May 10, 2014 5:23 PM

Leebly,

Thanks for sharing. What a delightful tribute. 

My grand mother always wanted to live in a "yellow house".  She got that wish, my mom painted the mother-in-law cottage on their property yellow, before my grandmother saw it!  My grandmother died of dementia also, but I hadn't seen her in years.  The last time I saw her, she was in her yellow house and made us dinner, I had just met my husband to be and was introducing him to my parents, he was 50+ & I was 40+, still it was awkward, Grammy made him feel right at home.  Angels all now!  But I still hold their love in my heart, making me the person I am today.

shayeinsd
Posted: Saturday, May 10, 2014 5:29 PM

Quits,

THANK YOU! 

Although I am on a different journey now, your posters are quite appropriate and healing.  Grief is grief, hope is hope and loving memories are always the same. I printed many of them and will refer to ease my heart. 

Perhaps I can start a similar thread on the new Widownet site I was referred to just last night.  If I can figure out how to do it.  Not soon.  In meantime did post one to FB.

Note:  I was here years ago when my parents had dementia.  In December, my husband died, not dementia related.  Your postings are so needed and appreciated!  Thank you!

quits
Posted: Sunday, May 11, 2014 3:35 PM

shayeinsd,

There are many kinds of grief definitely.  I am glad you found some comfort or hope from things I have posted. I don't know if you have looked on the Spouse board, I have some for "strength..posted for Mama Sue" and another that might make you sad "a strong marriage".   I have photo inspiration on musings.

I am sorry about your parents and your husband. Please keep talking here as you need to.

quits
Posted: Sunday, July 6, 2014 9:19 AM

Hope
farawaydaughter
Posted: Sunday, July 6, 2014 11:21 AM

Thanks quits. I especially like the memories roll down my cheek one.........!
Sea Field
Posted: Friday, July 25, 2014 2:02 PM

It is a great wisdom to allow time for grieving.

It is a tender, healing time. 

It is a gift to you, from you, that only you can give.

Fern Stewart Welch,   "The Heart Knows the Way"