RSS Feed Print
Not One Day Goes By......
Bj Betker
Posted: Saturday, March 22, 2014 6:27 PM

Not one day goes by that I don't think of daddy.  I miss him so very much.  He went home to be with Jesus on January 9, 2014 at 10:00 pm.  This horrible disease took my daddy away from me.  Sometimes he would hold his head and say, "I don't know what's wrong with me."  But one thing is certain, he loved mama till the day he died, all 64+ years together.  Today I was combing mama's hair in the bathroom and remember helping daddy in the very same spot.  I have such a hole in my heart that feels so very empty and too it feels as if it is breaking more as mama has dementia and I see her drifting away more each day. Only by the grace of God do I get through each day......
quits
Posted: Sunday, March 23, 2014 8:15 AM

I am sorry for your loss and continued loss of your mom. God is truly merciful and it is great that you know Him and lean on Him.  I am glad you come here to to boards and share your feelings.  Try to focus on the good/happy  memories and the pain will lessen in God's time for you. Allow yourself time for "you" to mourn, rest, relax, do something just for you.
Sheryl726
Posted: Monday, March 24, 2014 2:33 PM

((((((((Bj))))))))))))))))

one daughter
Posted: Tuesday, March 25, 2014 9:15 AM

I know how you feel. This month is one year ago that I lost my daddy.  And also the month I placed my mama in MC.  Talk about a doubling the pain & just a year apart.  I miss my daddy so bad & now I have to deal with my feelings of placing my mama.  It's taking a toll on me.  I feel like I'm getting depressed.  That's really weird of me to say that.  I used to have a friend that would tell me that all the time if I was having a bad day.  But it was a joke & we would both laugh.  Now, I'm not laughing.
deerenee
Posted: Tuesday, March 25, 2014 2:35 PM

Hugs!!!!  to you.  I lost mom this month.  I know that deep pain and can only send you hugs!!!