RSS Feed Print
Mom passed on 4/26/14
Meowcats
Posted: Thursday, May 1, 2014 5:52 PM

Thanks everyone for being so supportive when I was scared.

On Monday I got a call that Mom was choking on everything (food and liquid) that they gave her, and they were going to stop trying.

On Tuesday, Hospice told me that from the way that she was breathing and the way that her temp was fluctuating, they believed that she was passing.

I took the week off work and spent all the remaining days with her.

My brother brought his family to see her but only had about 5 minutes of one on one time.

On Wednesday, Hospice said "it could be any time now".

On Thursday, not much had changed, same on Friday, we were wondering why she was lingering.

On Friday, my brother told me "some people are thinking I should go back up there." I told him I thought they were right.  My brother arrived at 10:30pm on Friday night, he left at about 1am to go back home.  I made sure he had plenty of one on one time with Mom. 

After he left, I said, "Mom, he's gone now, I'm so glad he came to see us!" I was holding her hand.  She grimaced a couple of times (but not a painful grimace), then (though she had not moved anything except eyelids in the past 2 or 3 weeks) she removed her hand from mine and was gone.

Pasnurse
Posted: Thursday, May 1, 2014 6:26 PM

So sorry to hear. Your new journey will begin now.... Stay strong and grieve your mom's passing your way!!!!! A big cyber hug for you.... Pauline
hanginginthere
Posted: Friday, May 2, 2014 4:50 PM

I am so sorry for your loss....You were a wonderful daughter.

Hugs and Prayers to you and your family.

Mary

Jo C.
Posted: Saturday, May 3, 2014 11:42 AM

With a soft hug from one daughter to another.  How peacefully your mother passed, and it was lovely she had you by her side as she left this world.

You went the distance through difficult times, and I am certain you mother would be so very proud of you.

May peace and solace soon be yours,

Johanna

CyndiR
Posted: Monday, May 5, 2014 7:32 PM

Meowcats--I'm so very sorry for the loss of your mother.  You were a good daughter to her, and her advocate.  May God hold you and your family in a pocket of grace during this sad time.  (((hugs)))

Cyndi

deerenee
Posted: Tuesday, May 6, 2014 10:19 AM

So sorry for your loss; prayers and hugs to you and your family.  Be good to yourself; those of us that have lost our LOs also know how difficult a time this will be.  As Pasnurse said, this is the beginning of our new journey.
farawaydaughter
Posted: Tuesday, May 6, 2014 7:26 PM

I am so sorry for your great loss. Please know she is whole and healthy again. I hope you find some peace in that.
one daughter
Posted: Thursday, May 8, 2014 9:13 AM

So sorry for the loss of your mother.
Joan's daughter
Posted: Friday, May 9, 2014 12:54 PM

So sorry for your loss.  Now she sports some beautiful golden wings that sparkle as she watches over you!  Bless you.
DaveInTexas
Posted: Sunday, May 11, 2014 4:31 PM

Hi,

My condolences on the passing of your mother.

My mom passed away a few month's ago. I can't be on this site, anymore today.

I can't keep crying like this.

I did just want to say that even though you will hear it a hundred times, it is true. there are no time limits for your grieving process. Get through this in your own way, on your own schedule. And know that there are many resources available to help you. One of the nicest things a nurse said to me was. "Be gentle with yourself."

So there you are, Take care of you, now. and be gentle with yourself.

Warmest Regards,

Dave

dj okay
Posted: Wednesday, May 14, 2014 1:33 PM

Dear Meowcats,

My deepest sympathy in your time of loss.  May time soften the painful memories of her loss and bring the sweet memories of times past.

Hugs,

dj