RSS Feed Print
It took my dear wife but I'm not going to let it get me
Ukie
Posted: Monday, November 30, 2015 7:47 PM

My wife passed away 9 days ago from this damn disease. We were married 34 wonderful years. Kathy fought hard at the end. She did not forget me. The last day that I saw Kathy conscious she could not swallow or talk. No feeding tubes. She motioned with her right hand so gently for me to come closer. I leaned closer to her thinking that Kathy was going to try to say something. She puckered her lips for a kiss. I'll never forget that moment. Kathy fought hard. I'm going to fight just as hard to move forward. To get over this grief, sorrow and loneliness. I owe that much to her. God has a plan and I trust Him.
socwkr
Posted: Monday, November 30, 2015 8:42 PM

That is such a wonderful memory to hold forever, your wife's last desire to have a smooch with her husband.  True love.

I absolutely agree with you, and I've said it so many times to my daughter, "your daddy was very unfortunate to get this horrible disease, but we can't let this disease take down the two of us as well.  It sucks so much out of us, and I suspect that it takes a while for each of us to fill up our tanks.

Take care, Debra.

Tink4495
Posted: Monday, November 30, 2015 9:27 PM

Zack,

I have been thinking and praying for you. My heart is just breaking. I have lost a spouse myself and know how hard it is. But yes, God has a plan for all of us and we just have to keep our faith and know that we cannot let this disease or any other take us down. It is sometimes easier said than done but it does get better with time. We never forget them nor stop loving them, we just learn to adjust and live without them. They will always be in our hearts forever and all your precious memories will get you through this as well. What a beautiful memory to hold onto and cherish forever. I know you can feel God's loving arms wrapped around you and may you find peace in your heart.

Sending love and soft {{hugs}} my friend

Sea Field
Posted: Monday, November 30, 2015 9:34 PM

What a beautiful way to honor your wife.  Moving forward and continuing to live.

And what a beautiful gift between the two of you - a sweet kiss.  A memory to cherish.