RSS Feed Print
Small Victory
Bjjca
Posted: Wednesday, January 13, 2016 5:22 PM

I wanted to share what happened to me with the widows on this board because it will sound so silly to anyone else.  Last night on my way home, a warning light came on in my car that my tire pressure was low.  My dh was 19 years older than me and he handled everything having to do with the car, the house maintenance, the outside in general.  He could do anything and could fix everything.  For 38 years of marriage I never had to even think about this sort of thing.  The light came on about a month ago, and I started crying while pulling into a service station.  I don't know how to put air in tires.  The two young men who were there asked if I was ok, "no," I said sobbing, "my husband died and I don't know what to do."  They were very nice and got air in the tire.  So the "low tire" message last night was not a surprise to me.  But this time, I didn't panic, didn't cry, I called the tire place, took my care in this morning, and got two new tires (the old ones had over 50,000 miles on them).  I have 2 sons and a daughter that live in my town, but I was determined to handle it alone which I did.  I've felt so proud of myself all day.  It will sound silly to most, but it was a big step for me.
Sea Field
Posted: Wednesday, January 13, 2016 6:27 PM

Bravo!  Well done!

Yes, I do understand.

Hugs, Cynthia

jfkoc
Posted: Wednesday, January 13, 2016 8:12 PM

I too understand...it is a big deal!
socwkr
Posted: Wednesday, January 13, 2016 8:34 PM

I love it!  Congrats!  Such nice young men!

My husband was blind, so our situation was the opposite of yours.  I'm the one that took care of everything, even putting in new faucets, repairing electrical, etc.  However, my husband was always by my side, usually saying, "are you sure we don't need to call in an expert for this?".  So, even though I'm still taking care of things, it's very hard not to have my buddy next to me.  

Hugs, Debra.

A losing hand.
Posted: Thursday, January 14, 2016 4:45 PM

I wanted to share what happened to me with the widows on this board because it will sound so silly to anyone else

Bjjca.                                                                                                                                                 I'm not a widow, I'm a widower and I don't see anything silly.

You should see me try to sew. Now that's really silly.  &#X1f609

Good luck.

Mrs. Braxton
Posted: Monday, January 25, 2016 10:53 PM

I understand completely.    I went to Home Depot and got the kit to fix my toilet running.

I cried the whole  time in HD and I then came home and fixed the toilet.   I cried finding the tools I needed.   He always took care of this for us.

I miss him so much,  its 7 months and I am adjusting the best I can.  I am easy on myself.

May we all be blessed in our efforts to continue on.

Angela