RSS Feed Print
I could not do it
blfbrat
Posted: Monday, March 28, 2016 7:54 AM

Went on a cruise and took my Jerry's ashes to put some in the NY (he was born there) and more in the Caribbean.  But I just could not get rid of any part of him yet.  I cried at the idea of putting him in the ocean.
jfkoc
Posted: Monday, March 28, 2016 10:25 AM

Understood!
Sea Field
Posted: Monday, March 28, 2016 11:44 AM

It's been almost a year since Tom passed.  I had every intention of spreading his ashes fairly soon following his passing. 

I too cannot yet bring myself to do this.

So I will wait until I am ready.  

Hugs,  you are not alone.   Cynthia

bela
Posted: Monday, March 28, 2016 2:54 PM

Same problem here   I Even have my own portion of ashes to keep (about the size of a tea bag) but have yet to do anything with the majority..these are the ashes of my mom and she ceary stated she wanted to be buried with my dad (500 miles away)....so I will do it but cant do it yet (DOD June 2015)
Veterans kid
Posted: Monday, March 28, 2016 3:21 PM

I think you'll know when it's time. Whenever you're ready.

Hugs,

Julie 

bela
Posted: Sunday, April 10, 2016 3:54 AM

In case this topic is still of interest:  here is a link to something that resonats with me

This may be helpful tot you.

I completely understand not being able to do it.....

I think I need more than my teabag amount before I bury my mother's ashes-

Here goes:

Would love to hear your thoughts

When my mother died I had arranged for a portion of her ashes to be set aside for me; I have an amount for my keeping about the size of a tea bag or 2 tablespoos- the remainder of the ashes will be buried with my father in a military cemetery 500+ miles from me when I have the emotional strength to do it.

Some keepsake urns elsewhere hold a pinch or two of cremains but since the amount I kept is more than this I have been looking at a different type of urn; a size about the size of two palms of the hand in heart shapes..I can hold in my hands the said hand held urn but then I came across this glass creation item

http://celebrationashes.com/accessories-3/   (copy and paste)

The link I am providing is not something I am selling or recommeding because I am still contemplating and searching various products but you will get the idea.

To have these glass items made only requires approximately one `tbl of remains- what struck meabout this is that one can see the cremains of your loved one in the glass product- with this company for example the ashes appear as a gray/white ribbon within the sculpture- there is something about seeing the ashes that I like

At present I can look at my portion of mom's ashes but its not so appealing because they are held by a plastic bag=

One company I came across (not this one) is coming out with a pendent size product that I prefer because it will be easier to handle (and not drop) although I would not wear it.