RSS Feed Print
do you feel or have signs that your loved ones are near sometimes?
blfbrat
Posted: Friday, April 8, 2016 10:54 AM

This week on our anniversary, I woke up and thought I felt my husbands hands holding mine.  His grandfather's clock that had not worked for 5 years (he was going to fix it someday) was working on the morning after his death.  His hospice group was called the dragonfly group,  I told her that had some significance to us due to the movie.  I was on a cruise, inside the ship in a dining room and we are out to sea, and a dragonfly starts flying all over the place.  I know my children think I am crazy, but I find these signs comforting.

Tell me about any of your experiences.

jfkoc
Posted: Friday, April 8, 2016 11:27 AM

I certainly do not think you are crazy and have had what I think are messages from my husband. They are always passages or a note he has written in a book. They are too spot on the be coincidence.
KML
Posted: Friday, April 8, 2016 11:29 AM

Yes, my first experience was after my grandmother passed away.  I was in the shower at my parents' home, my mom was sitting in the living room, some distance away from where I was.  While in the shower, I heard a sigh, like there was someone in the bathroom with me.  I immediately thought of my grandma.  I went to the living room where my mom was and she had a funny look on her face.  I asked her if she heard anything like a sigh, she said yes.  I believe it was my grandma.

When my mom passed away, I would go to the cemetery every day after work, it took a while for them to carve my mom's name on the headstone.  Everyday for three weeks, I went to the cemetery, still no name.  One day after work, I went and again I didn't see her name.  My head was down, I was crying, missing my mom.  A hummingbird come buzzing my my head and I looked up and I don't know how I missed it, but there was my mom's name on her stone.  Now when I see a hummingbird, I think about my mom. 

My mom loved her garden, there were white butterflies that would come in and out of her garden.  When I see a white butterfly, I feel my mom.

I find pennies often on the ground, it happens several times a month.  I think of my dad.

One night I did wake up with a feeling of being hugged warmly, I thought of my mom immediately.  It felt very real to me and I believe it was her.

I find comfort in this, it's not crazy, it's not weird, it's the strength and endurance of love even in death.

Sea Field
Posted: Saturday, April 9, 2016 5:21 PM

Absolutely yes!  Often.

There is a lamp in my bedroom that DH wired and painted in an artsy way.  One of my favorites.

The light flickered in it on my birthday (October).  Again on Thanksgiving Day and on Christmas.

It doesn't flicker otherwise.

Even if it is not him, it comforts me to think that it is.

CyndiR
Posted: Sunday, April 10, 2016 1:31 PM

Now and then I will see my father in my dreams and he is smiling and happy, so I know he's in Heaven.

I haven't seen my mother in my dreams in some time.  In them, she is silent, but points or gestures to me to follow her, but she always disappears.  For some time after she passed away, the lights in the hall in my home would come on randomly when they shouldn't have.  We just figured she was trying to signal us.

socwkr
Posted: Monday, April 11, 2016 10:13 AM

I had an experience the other night.  The darn cat woke me up at about 5:45 am to either pet or feed him. I went to the bathroom and was just laying in bed, not asleep.  All of a sudden, I heard my husband call for me.  It was so beautiful to hear his voice, gosh I really miss it.  He said, "Debra", just like if he wanted me to help him with something or get him a coffee.  And it was loud, coming from the other room.  A few hours later, I received a telephone call that one of my dear friends had passed away.

Hugs, Debra.

KML
Posted: Wednesday, April 13, 2016 11:16 AM

Debra:

This gave me good chills.  I love it, that they can still reach out.  Very special.  I miss my mom's voice so much and my dad's, I'm beginning to forget what they sounded like, that makes me sad.  I hope one day, they'll come by to say hi.  What a wonderful way to start the day for you.  Maybe your cat sensed it, too.

jfkoc
Posted: Wednesday, April 13, 2016 5:57 PM

I really don't share this often but here goes.

I believe that my house is haunted. No never saw anything...no odd occurrences  but at night when it got dark I  would become frightened and run upstairs.

My husband died in the room that I felt was haunted,. Since his death I am comfortable downstairs at night. I think he told her to get out...lol