RSS Feed Print
irisized/ hospice
jfkoc
Posted: Monday, July 4, 2016 2:18 PM

Please look over the "contract" you have with your Hospice. We routinely had someone 2x per week for bathing and a nurse 1x week unless we called and then a nurse was here within a matter of hours. A Dr. and nurse are required by medicare to be on call 24/7. Call now!!!

I would also look for a new Hospice. You can change.

https://www.medicare.gov/Pubs/pdf/02154.pdf

irisized
Posted: Tuesday, July 5, 2016 9:31 AM

took the bull by the horn today....I have the nurse coming over at 4 to discuss things....I also gave him 1/2 lorazepam last night and tilted his bed almost to a sitting position.... he had been saying he wanted to kill himself all day...screaming at me I was not his wife.... then after being bedbound for over 3 days.... he was like the energizer bunny, up, down, up down...almost falling.... he was yelling in gibberish, but I got it.....had to walk away.... (I did not give him the Haldol at night) I am putting in for a few days of respite or they will take 2 out on gurneys....and I don't want our last whatever time we have left spent in anger.... so the nurse and I will have a very very long chat..... we need a change of meds, find out if anything can be done for all the congestion and mucus.... respite care....and I want the nurse every week....time for ms. Kathy to get tough....if we are on the last leg....I want him comfortable , loved and not sad....

thanks for all your help,

kathy