RSS Feed Print
3 New symptoms in one day
CobraG
Posted: Thursday, August 11, 2016 6:09 PM

OMG 3 new symptoms in one day.  Drooling,  I asked to put something in he scanner he put in under a pile next to the printer.  He took the garbage out and left it in the middle of the driveway.     

Last week he fell asleep cooking bacon,  I work up to the smell of bacon at 11 pm  Lucky he did not burn the house down

I see him wandering more.   Thank goodness I have a watch finder. I wonder what is the next new symptom urine and bowel incontinence.  When will he be in a wheelchair

Just last night I was laughing because he wanted to go to Outback..   For 6 years he never wanted to go there.  He ordered stuff I never saw him eat and ate everything on the table

I see him wandering more.   Thank goodness I have a watch finder. I wonder what is the next new symptom urine and bowel incontinence.  When will he be in a wheelchair. 

Mimi S.
Posted: Thursday, August 11, 2016 6:24 PM

Hi Cobra,

One thing at a time, even if there are three in a day.

Old adage: when you've seen one case of Alzheimer's, you've seen one case. No one can predict what the future hold or how long each phase will last. Reading will help you understand what might come next.
Agent 99
Posted: Thursday, August 11, 2016 6:31 PM

That is a lot of change in one day.  I'm so sorry.  This is the time to look at the changes and take action for the dangerous ones and shrug off the others as if that was possible! The unattended cooking is quite serious.  Please do something to disable the appliances when you cannot supervise him.  

Here's a scary fact sheet on cooking related fires:

http://www.nfpa.org/~/media/files/research/fact-sheets/cookingfactsheet.pdf?la=en

Sailor210
Posted: Thursday, August 11, 2016 6:32 PM

Cobra....what is the 'watch finder' that you mentioned in your post?
annie789
Posted: Thursday, August 11, 2016 6:36 PM

yes, I would love to know too what the 'watch finder' is.
CobraG
Posted: Thursday, August 11, 2016 7:48 PM

Verizon has a watch phone that they call Gizmo .  It is designed for a child with real simple commands.  It has a location finder you can track from your phone it will tell you where they are.    It can hold 10 contacts he can call and accept.  If he does not answer after I think 10 rings the phone will open by itself and you can hear what is going on. 

It is $159 for the phone.  And it has its own phone number you may have purchase the phone line.  I transferred his old complicated watch phone to this one. 

It is a small wrist band so if you have big wrists it may not fit.

I have used it several times and am very satisfied with it.

Alzwell
Posted: Friday, August 12, 2016 10:24 AM

Cobra, DEEP breaths!  I hope today is better. 

Please do let us know if his family is taking over or not.