RSS Feed Print
Merry Christmas
Veterans kid
Posted: Saturday, December 24, 2016 11:33 AM

Hi kiddos!

On this Christmas Eve 2106, I am sending us all hugs and prayers.

I hope that most of you have family/friends to be with.  

In our loved ones honor, let's try to make a new memory or tradition.

Wouldn't that make them happy?

I'm grateful for those who have and are helping me.

I will make an extra effort to smile, thought my heart is breaking.  I know my mom and dad are with me, and I have wonderful memories from last year all the way back to my childhood.  

I feel the loss but I also feel their love! So strong!  Much stronger than the loneliness.

I can hear my dad telling me not to be sad, because he's not.  

Lol-  when I was younger, and on the verge of really making him mad, I knew the line to not cross. He would tell me "Julie, I'm going to cloud up and rain all over you" LOL!

Yes, a few    of those gray hairs that were on his head were from me-LOL 

I wish peace in your heart, 

AND...

Hot chocolate with lots of whip cream and sprinkle with cinnamon, soft chewy caramels, peppermint ice cream, and a nice big glass of wine! 

Always be VK 

Tink4495
Posted: Saturday, December 24, 2016 7:57 PM

Merry Christmas Julie. Your post warmed my heart. May we all cherish the wonderful memories of our loved ones and know they are smiling down on us all. Peace and blessings to all!
acb10
Posted: Sunday, December 25, 2016 6:49 AM

Merry Christmas Julie, lovely post.  This is our first Christmas as official orphans! but I know that the love our parents gave us and our love for them can transcend any sadness we may have today.  yes, little tears come but I smile as I come across an old gift box that my mother had addressed to me one holiday, or my stocking that she lovingly filled with goodies.  I didn't put up "my" tree this year, I put up yesterday again her little tree that we've used in recent years - all makes me feel warm and close to her.

april