RSS Feed Print
Found this posted on-line and thought I would share
anib
Posted: Sunday, January 15, 2017 7:57 AM

This is for US as Caregivers, young, old, sister, brother, daughter, wife or husband.

An elderly man hurried to his 8am Doctors appointment.  He wanted to finish quickly so he could get to another appointment.

The doctor asked what it was, and he proudly said that every morning at 9am at the hospital he had breakfast with his wife.

The Doctor asked what her condition was and he replied that for 5 years she has had Alzheimer's and hasn't known who he is. Then the Doctor asked why he would continue, if she had no idea who he is.

The old man replied "because I still know who she is!"

Unless you have lived this experience, no one will ever know what WE have been through.

His Daughter
Posted: Sunday, January 15, 2017 10:22 PM

As usual Anib, right to the heart of the matter.

It doesn't matter if they know who we are, what truly matters is that WE KNOW WHO THEY ARE.  

Thanks for sharing.

bela
Posted: Monday, January 16, 2017 4:05 AM

I remember quite vividly saying to myself that I could not recall hearing my mom say my name.  Low and behold, I never heard my name again come from my mother's lips...I was crushed...heart broken..

She never forgot who I was when I walked in a room...she always knew me and would open her arms signaling it was time for an embrace...She always smiled even when she was sick.  She made it so easy to love her beyond words.

We hugged often and regularly every day.  Holding hands was typical.   

I am grateful that she recognized me until the end.

Kathleen H. Wheeler
Posted: Monday, January 16, 2017 5:27 AM

This is so lovely, thanks for sharing, anib!

The old man replied "because I still know who she is!"