RSS Feed Print
Dad
Veterans kid
Posted: Monday, February 27, 2017 7:50 PM

They say that from the instant he lays eyes on her, a father adores his daughter. Whoever she grows up to be, she is always to him that little girl in pigtails. She makes him feel like Christmas. In exchange, he makes a secret promise not to see the awkwardness of her teenage years, the mistakes she makes or the secrets she keeps.

I miss you, Daddy.
I miss Mom.
 Because you taught me to be strong, I have made it to the last of the first. One year ago tomorrow morning dad left this earth. 

Because of my friends in the wonderful people on this board, I have been very blessed with support-thank you!!!

Poptarts and Twinkies to infinity and beyond for all of us!  

jfkoc
Posted: Monday, February 27, 2017 8:51 PM

That's what I have written in my calendar that I have been unable to read. 

My heart will be with you!!!

Tink4495
Posted: Monday, February 27, 2017 10:09 PM

Hi Julie,

I just want you to know that I will be thinking of you and your sweet Daddy tomorrow. You were not only strong through this first year, you were strong through his whole terrible journey and you will continue to be strong. There is a "special" bond between a daughter and her Daddy. Always cherish all the precious memories. He and your mom are looking down on you and smiling with pride. Sending you lots of hugs and of course poptarts and twinkies.

Tay46
Posted: Monday, February 27, 2017 10:51 PM

Silhouette Design Store - View Design #79522: love between a father & daughter title

You are strong and will continue to be strong. I wish I had half the strength you do. 

Poptarts and Twinkies my dear friend

Tay

His Daughter
Posted: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 1:49 PM

VK, you know I'm here for and with you.  And while Dad may have had to overlook some shortcomings, ALL I EVER SAW, was a strong committed woman who lead with her heart, to help her father.  So with all the things your father saw, or had to look beyond, was the one thing your dad was proudest of you for.   Good job girl!
barbm
Posted: Wednesday, March 1, 2017 1:05 AM

Hope you were able to rejoice in your memories of both your Dad and Mom.  It's still hard losing one's Dad but you were a good daughter and always be proud of what you did for him.
MPSunshine
Posted: Wednesday, March 1, 2017 5:38 AM

Dear VK, You are a dear and you have passed on your parents' legacy by being so encouraging to others here and kind and sympathetic and just super-nice. {{{{{{{{{{VK}}}}}}}}}}}}
A losing hand.
Posted: Wednesday, March 1, 2017 2:43 PM

VK,                                                                                                                      There's a saying.                                                                                                   Any man can be a father, but it takes someone special to be a dad.

Good luck.

P S,  No pop tarts I'm starting to gain weight.

acb10
Posted: Saturday, March 4, 2017 9:33 AM

Hi Julie,

I haven't been on the board this week but was thinking of you as I remembered it was about this time that your dear dad passed away.  a whole year, I know it is hard but keep thinking about all the good memories.  And, if a few tears come, that's ok.

april

Veterans kid
Posted: Tuesday, March 7, 2017 1:26 PM

Thank you to all of my friends in this journey for all your kind words and support!

Endless Hugs, Twinkies, poptarts, and I'm thinking today, an abundant amount of sunshine letting us know Spring is near <3