RSS Feed Print
New to this section of the message boards...and I'm ok with that!
Beccazan
Posted: Tuesday, April 4, 2017 11:36 AM

Hello, all!  My mom decided she'd had enough of this disease and transitioned to something better on Mar 30th.  My sisters and I (after the initial shock since there was no decline) feel such relief!  She always did and thought of everyone else that I'm glad she was finally selfish!

While she was here, we only let ourselves focus on what she could do now (smiles and the occasional word).  But now we are able to fully remember the good times without sadness that she can't do those things anymore.  We had done everything we could and said what we wanted/needed to say.  It's still surreal to see her name on a death certificate or see her picture in the obituary section.  I hate that she had to endure this for 9 years and it would be selfish to want her back.  

I'm not sure if I can provide any advice or information here, but will read your posts for comfort.

Thank you!

jfkoc
Posted: Tuesday, April 4, 2017 12:05 PM

It is always sad to see someone new here...welcome does not seem appropriate. It is, however, a warm and comforting place to come to and a place where our journeys have such similarities.

Please accept my sympathy.

Tay46
Posted: Tuesday, April 4, 2017 12:09 PM

I am so sorry about the loss of your mom. Thank goodness she is finally free from this horrible disease. My prayers to you and your family.
Veterans kid
Posted: Thursday, April 6, 2017 5:23 PM

I am sorry for the loss of your mom. 

It's been quite a while since I've seen you post, but I'm so glad you let us know.

Our cyber family- how greatful we are to have it!

Its wonderful you can smile and remember the cherished memories-I'm sure it makes her happy too!

You are such a wonderful daughter, loving and caring for her- as this hateful disease slowly took her.

She is free!!!!!

They are never gone from our hearts <3

Sending you hugs, poptarts, and your favorite snack!  

Always be VK 

Beccazan
Posted: Friday, April 7, 2017 12:01 PM

Thank you all for the kind words!  Not a lot of people at work knew about my mom but telling those who did was rough!  Then when people saw her obituary in the paper more people came up to tell me they were sorry.  I know they mean well but it's difficult to explain to those not familiar with this disease that I'm actually happy for her without seeming calous!  I knew she was getting tired and normally when I'd visit and ask if she was OK she'd nod or say yes.  Lately she would shake her head.  Did she know something we didn't?  We had been in limbo for so long and because she didn't stop eating or develop pneumonia we just figured she'd keep going like the Energizer bunny!  Now we just feel a huge weight has been lifted!  My life had revolved around her for so long it's going to be a challenge to find my new "normal".  I know she'd be proud of the way we all stuck together.  

These boards were such a source of comfort and wisdom...Thank you!

File Attachment(s):
Mom Obituary.docx (25447 bytes)

acb10
Posted: Saturday, April 8, 2017 11:21 AM

I'm very sorry about the loss of your mother.  The good thing is she is now not suffering.  That was my usual remark last year when my mother passed away. 

april