RSS Feed Print
Dads 87th birthday
Veterans kid
Posted: Tuesday, February 6, 2018 1:29 PM

So today my dad would turn 87. I’m thinking the best way to celebrate him, is to have a virtual pop tart and Twinkie party! If you feel like stopping by, you don’t have to bring anything, but you can bring some virtual wine-hint hint hint-LOL! Or share a good memory. I don’t want to be sad, I want to  celebrate the 85 years he had on this earth! So I’m going to probably binge watch a few episodes of Andy Griffith and try and just remember all of the good birthdays, all of the good times. I may have written this before, but a few years ago my dad had gotten a birthday card for me. The next year the Alzheimer’s was a little more advanced and he wasn’t able to drive to get out to get a card.  He took a piece of paper and wrote happy birthday baby girl love dad. I hung it on the refrigerator. The next year would be the last birthday card he gave me-he took that piece of paper, turned it over, and wrote times are tough, had to use same card, happy birthday baby girl love dad!!

I celebrate that he had his sense of humor and knew who I was up till the very end.  In just a few weeks will be the two year anniversary that he left this earth, but today is about celebrating my dad! So please feel free to stop by at our virtual party, hope to see you all there !!

Twinkies and pop tarts forever, 

Julie 

Always be VK 

bela
Posted: Tuesday, February 6, 2018 2:06 PM

Here I am celebrating with you!!  

see attachment party goers!!

File Attachment(s):
twinkie.png (58296 bytes)

bela
Posted: Tuesday, February 6, 2018 2:12 PM

bottoms up in honor of your DAD, 

see attachment.

File Attachment(s):
merlot.png (59531 bytes)

A losing hand.
Posted: Tuesday, February 6, 2018 3:32 PM

Julie,

I quit drinking but I will have a twinkie

Isn't it a shame Heaven doesn't have visiting hours?

KML
Posted: Tuesday, February 6, 2018 3:36 PM

Happy Birthday, Dear Julie's Dad.

I haven't had a Twinkie in ages, but today is a perfect day to have one in your honor.  Blessings to your baby girl, she is one in a million.

Tink4495
Posted: Tuesday, February 6, 2018 10:16 PM

Happy Heavenly Birthday to your sweet dad! Hope you were able to have a good day remembering all the great birthdays of the past. He is smiling down on his sweet baby girl. Hugs my friend!
Tay46
Posted: Tuesday, February 6, 2018 10:58 PM

Hey Julie,

Make mine a fried twinkie in honor of your dad!! Birthdays in heaven are always happy.

Tay

Veterans kid
Posted: Wednesday, February 7, 2018 9:15 PM

Oh you guys!  Thank you!!!

Visiting hours in heaven!  What an awesome idea!

The love and support on this site, it still amazes me-I am so grateful for all of you. <3

Thank you so much for stopping by to share.  

It was a great party!  And... the best part... virtual parties one doesn’t have to clean up after!

Love, prayers, hugs to all!

Julie 

Always be VK