RSS Feed Print
electric tricycles for when you can't drive
alz+
Posted: Wednesday, April 3, 2019 6:03 PM

https://www.progressmobility.com/ew-11-scooter.html

I suppose this won't be allowed because it is kind of an ad but this looks like it could help  me a lot in new living situation.

EW 11 Sport - 2 Passenger Scooter

There are fairly quiet roads near the house where  I will live and a grocery store 4 blocks away. An electric bike is legal on roads, no license required.

some carry 2 people, some solar powered.

an idea.

jfkoc
Posted: Wednesday, April 3, 2019 6:17 PM

maybe a golf cart even?
Iris L.
Posted: Thursday, April 4, 2019 12:12 AM

I see many people riding on electric scooters.  I have seen non-motorized tricycles.  

You can sign up for ACCESS, the transportation for the disabled.  Rides are about $2.00 and you may bring a companion. 

Also, many local markets now deliver groceries.  I don't think you will have a problem with getting what you need, Alz+.

Iris

Michael Ellenbogen
Posted: Thursday, April 4, 2019 6:24 AM

While my daughter has nothing wrong with her she gets all of her groceries delivered to her door and she lives in NY. She gets everting delivered these days. Its amazing on what you can do theses days if you are willing to pay for it. 

Vik
Posted: Friday, April 5, 2019 10:37 AM

Alz+  electric tricycles look REALLY COOL and VERY FUNCTIONAL for us with dementia!
Jo C.
Posted: Friday, April 5, 2019 7:45 PM

Certainly an electric conveyance can be helpful.  I myself prefer the electric scooters as they are more substantial.  I also like the four wheeled ones rather than the three wheeled as they are better balanced.

It is really important to ask which scooters can be used on the sidewalks and do not have to mandatorally be used in the roadway as that can lead to having to get a driver's license.  That is strictly regulated in California.  Many of the residents of Seal Beach Leisure World, a gated senior citizen complex of small houses with about 5,000 residents in SoCal use scooters; most of them with four wheels rather than three.  They are used on sidewalks for obvious safety reasons.

Kind of fun to think about . . .

J.

alz+
Posted: Thursday, April 11, 2019 8:57 AM

the heartbreak and emotional cost when you can't drive anymore might be mitigated by using one of these.

The neighborhood I am moving to has a circular maze of low traffic roads. If we could go for a "bike ride" it might be really good for both me and my new caretaker. Plus dogs on long leashes.

Golf cart would be ideal but not allowed on roads. The trikes are. Just an idea. I could have used a golf cart here where I live. I am still doing a forced march with dog 6 days a week. It has been helpful to both me and the dog but I could have gone out more often when weather permitting.

oh well. It is really crazy to become homebound.