RSS Feed Print
widow
jfkoc
Posted: Saturday, March 7, 2020 12:57 PM

"It’s that when I was with him, I felt so secure in who I was.  I felt so secure that he loved me.  I felt so secure that we were a thing – Shawn and Marjorie, Marjorie and Shawn.  I felt so secure in who I was a person, as a partner."
Army_Vet60
Posted: Saturday, March 7, 2020 1:07 PM

I can empathize.

To everybody who knew us, we were "Jim and Sandy."

Now that Sandy is gone, I've been struggling to accept this reality without hearing "and Sandy" when someone addresses me. 

I wish Time Machines existed. I'd take our photo albums with me back twenty years before Sandy and I met. I'd show Sandy pictures of her childhood right up to our marriage and ask her if she like to start our relationship 20 years earlier than the first time.

jfkoc
Posted: Saturday, March 7, 2020 4:42 PM

Lovely idea...I really miss team "us" in so many ways.
Army_Vet60
Posted: Sunday, March 8, 2020 12:48 AM

jfkoc wrote:
Lovely idea...I really miss team "us" in so many ways.
My wife and I were both trained Ballroom Dancers. 
   One live band we used to dance to offered us $25 a night if we'd dance during their performances.
   After Sandy died, a number of our friends told me that people really enjoyed watching us dance.   They said we had a mystique as a couple so kind of as a joke, some of our friends called us either  "Sonny and Cher" or "The Captain and Tennille" behind our backs.
   It all seems like a dream that ended too soon now.  

jfkoc
Posted: Sunday, March 8, 2020 2:50 PM

ah...ballroom dancing...My husband asked me what I would like for my 60th birthday. I told him a waltz. He opted instead for knee replacement. I occasionally brought that up...lol.
Army_Vet60
Posted: Sunday, March 8, 2020 4:58 PM

jfkoc wrote:
ah...ballroom dancing...My husband asked me what I would like for my 60th birthday. I told him a waltz. He opted instead for knee replacement. I occasionally brought that up...lol.
I hope the knee replacement lasted longer than a waltz!