RSS Feed Print
Lost my husband 6 months ago
Biltamaroo
Posted: Friday, June 5, 2020 9:54 AM

I lost my husband six months ago to Alzheimer's.  I guess I really lost him months before.  It was the worst day of my life.  We had been together over 30 years.  He was my best friend.  Throughout this journey I tried many things to try to jog his memory about us.  Many things did not work.  One thing that seemed to bring back memories was watching the Hallmark Channel movies together.  At first he wanted nothing to do with watching them, but as time went by he would not complain when I turned it on.  For anyone who does not know what type of movies they have let me explain.  They usually start out that two people meet and are not interested in each other.  As time goes on they are put together in situations together for one reason or another and by the end of the movie they have fallen in love.  When I would first turn on the movie my husband would just stare at the tv.  By the time the movie was coming to the end my husband would look over at me and say that he likes this movie.  When I would ask why he would respond ( when he could talk ) that it reminded him of his wife and he would have a big smile on his face.  When he was not able to talk any longer his eyes would light up.   Even though he did not remember me as his wife it still brought some happiness to him.  This made me so happy.  I was telling this to some friends of mine and they told me I need to tell this to people.  I came across the contest to raise funds for foster kids.  One of the categories  was explaining why you are a Hallmark Channel fan.  I had to create a video explaining why the Hallmark Channel was so important to me.  This was so hard for me for several reasons.  The first one being I am terrified to speak in front of people.  Even making a video I felt I was going to get sick, but secondly because it brought back the memories of losing someone.  But I came to realize that to heal you needed to talk about it.  I was wondering if anyone would be willing to go to https://orbiiit.com/entry/4467 and like the video for me and to support me in my journey.
TessC
Posted: Friday, June 5, 2020 3:10 PM

I am happy to go to the link and support you.

I am very sorry for your loss. May your dear husband rest in peace. And my you find joy in the coming years. Take good care.

Biltamaroo
Posted: Friday, June 5, 2020 4:50 PM

Thank you Tess C
TessC
Posted: Friday, June 5, 2020 10:24 PM

I saw your video. It was very heartfelt and I hope you get votes to place you in the 2nd running. It is very kind of you to give any winnings to charities. Good luck!