RSS Feed Print
Something from another site
Ed1937
Posted: Wednesday, November 25, 2020 6:15 AM

Not only for women Caretakers, but men Caretakers, too.

For the exhausted woman who showers a few minutes longer to cry with the water...
For the person hidden in the bathroom, because she needs a few minutes of tranquility while slipping tears from her eyes.
For the woman who is so tired that she feels she can't continue, that she would give anything to feel like herself again...
For the woman who cries in her room when everyone leaves the house and for a moment she let's go...
For the woman who desperately battles with self Confidence when wearing denim pants because she wants to look pretty and wear them to feel better but everything just climbs over or can't close...
For the woman who orders pizza for dinner because she didn’t have the time to make dinner again as she expected... Because she's tired.
For the woman who feels alone, even when she's accompanied.
You're worth a lot.
You are important.
You are enough.
You are wonderful...
I love you...

anneleigh
Posted: Wednesday, November 25, 2020 8:37 AM

Thanks Ed!

Happy Thanksgiving

CStrope
Posted: Wednesday, November 25, 2020 11:12 PM

Thank you, that is how I feel quite often.  Even though my DH is currently only suffering from short term memory loss, the emotional stress gets to me.  Being the only one working and feeling like all decisions and responsibilities are up to me.....it gets to be a lot.

About a year ago, even before the Dx, I started occasionally sleeping in the spare bedroom because our sleep schedules had become so different. Now I look forward to being able to go into an empty bedroom alone.  Alone with my thoughts, alone with my sadness, alone with my fears,.......just alone.  No one to ask me to do anything, no decisions to make, just me.....

It gives me the freedom, to do puzzles if I want, to cry if I need to, or to just close my eyes and think.

Sometimes I feel selfish for doing it, but in the end it's the only "safe place" I have.

abc123
Posted: Thursday, November 26, 2020 12:10 AM

Happy Thanksgiving Ed!
Ed1937
Posted: Thursday, November 26, 2020 6:42 AM

And Happy Thanksgiving to my friends.
LadyTexan
Posted: Thursday, November 26, 2020 8:05 AM

Thank you Ed. That means more than you know. Thank you for giving me a much needed lift. Happy Thanksgiving dear friend.
Jo C.
Posted: Friday, November 27, 2020 3:57 PM

Breathtaking in how it fits; thank you.

J.