RSS Feed Print
Christmas(6)
lsh42
Posted: Friday, December 25, 2020 12:06 PM

Just another lonely, agonizing, and depressing day.
M1
Posted: Friday, December 25, 2020 1:05 PM

I'm sorry Ish.  Hang in there.  This has been such a tough year on everyone.  Quiet here also.  If you read the Washington Post at all, read Michael Gershon's editorial today.  Very poignant.  About how God is with us in the little things.
Wish2Roam
Posted: Friday, December 25, 2020 2:21 PM

ish42, 

I can so relate to your pain.  I have always loved Christmas; we are having leftover lasagna for dinner.  I have nothing red on, and there is no alcohol in the house.  I'm afraid if I have a glass of wine, I won't stop.

But, a very small thing happened that has given me some peace and quiet today.  After DH told me for the umpteenth time he and 'the guys' (his imaginary friends) were leaving, I swung the front door open and said OK, hope you guys have a great trip.  He walked through the door, realized how cold it was outside, and made such a fast retreat, I thought I had a revolving door.

No more talk about leaving today.  In fact, he decided he'd go for a nap.

Merry Christmas to me...........peace and quiet until the next dose of Seroquel is due.

lsh42
Posted: Friday, December 25, 2020 9:34 PM

My Christmas Day:

Get DH up for the day. Sheets wet. Wash sheets..

Shower(no easy feat)

Breakfast half of meal on the floor.

Boost spilled all over floor.

Mop kitchen floor.

Asked where Neil is. (no such person). I told him he was at home and DH mumbled under his breath Lucky. 

Misses the toilet.  Clean and mop bathroom floor.

Deal with delusions thru out the day. 

6:30 pm start getting DH ready for bed. Took 2 hours for him to understand stand up. Kept saying "he" is pushing him down. In reality he is forgetting how to stand up. 

8:45 pm in bed. 

9 pm finished cleaning the house.

Fifth load of laundry in washer.

Merry Christmas. Bah humbug. 

Liz B
Posted: Friday, December 25, 2020 9:52 PM

OOH, Ish42, I am humbled. I wrote another post (feeling a little sorry for myself with my husband's APATHY), then read yours. YOU are your DH's Christmas gift - every single day.
Ed1937
Posted: Saturday, December 26, 2020 6:57 AM

Ish, I'm sorry. Do you feel like you need some help? It sure sounds like you could use some.
lsh42
Posted: Saturday, December 26, 2020 1:22 PM

Thanks everyone.  Everyday seems to get harder. I do have help but not on holidays and my family lives in another state and his sister is the only one that comes to see him and give me a break. That will be tomorrow.  I'll definitely hang in there. Everyone's story is different and everyone's tolerance is different. 

Thank you all. I always feel better after I vent.