RSS Feed Print
Constantly moving
4Grams
Posted: Friday, December 25, 2020 6:32 PM

My DH is constantly walking, rearranging items and moving things. I have posted before about this. Dr increased Depakote to 500 mg a day. Has not helped. He tries to tell me something but I cannot understand. A lot of the time he talks real low. Things are changing so fast. 

This group understands this. I guess I just wanted someone to listen. At a loss on what to do. 

Rick4407
Posted: Friday, December 25, 2020 7:20 PM

Hello 4Grams.  I posted a similar post about a week ago.  The good advice from people who had gone before was that there was little to be done.  As with each "new normal" on this slow motion disease it will soon end by itself.   The next new normal will probably be worse.  Sorry Rick.
Wish2Roam
Posted: Friday, December 25, 2020 8:46 PM

You have described my DH perfectly, perpetual motion.  He's on 2 x 500 mg Depakote/day.  I might as well give him baby aspirin.  Also takes Trazodone and Seroquel.  He's like a willful child, totally hyperactive, and constantly looking for mischief.  He'll walk by the coffee pot and hit the On switch.  He'll walk by the sink and turn the faucet on.  I've taken the knobs off the stove or he would turn those on too.  He flushes anything down the toilet, today's contribution to the sewer system was a sliced apple.  A couple of friends called to wish me a Merry Christmas and he just stands there staring, or taps his feet, or whistles.  He just can't help it..........he is driven by some energy I wish I could harness for myself to get me through every day..

I don't have any advice, but feel your pain. I'm going to visit Neurologist next week to try to maybe adjust dosage of his meds to help calm him down.

abc123
Posted: Friday, December 25, 2020 9:23 PM

Dear wish2, please let us know what happens at the neurologist visit. Merry Christmas to you
4Grams
Posted: Friday, December 25, 2020 10:19 PM

Thanks everyone. I will be contacting neurologist about the medication. 

Wish2Roam, please let us know about your drs visit. 

nancyj194
Posted: Saturday, December 26, 2020 4:43 PM

My DH is also constantly on the move. He arranges things, re-arranges things. I am always checking to see what he has thrown away. This week he took out the garbage three times. I would say not until Saturday this week because of Christmas, go put it back. 

He refuses to take any medication, but I don't think he would  behave much different if he was taking Depakote. He also talks very low and mumbles. His latest new thing is closing his eyes when we are talking. They are not just closed, they are all wrinkled, so they look like he is squinting to the point they close. He does this constantly.  

When our son is here and we are talking, DH will just keep saying uhuh over and over again, even at inappropriate times. His responses don't match what is being talked about. When we go some place, I will say look at all of those Canada geese! He says uhuh but is looking in the opposite direction. 

I'm glad he isn't quite at the point of Wish2roam's DH. That's even more stressful. 

Hang in there, everyone.