RSS Feed Print
I've Seen Her In The Sun
Army_Vet60
Posted: Friday, February 19, 2021 8:44 PM

I've entered the last stage of Grieving, Acceptance, and I've been flooded with thoughts of celebrating my wife Sandy in a more positive way. I am posting these thoughts with hopes that it can hep other caregivers who are grieving the loss of their LO see that it is possible to move forward without "forgetting".....

I’VE SEEN HER IN THE SUN

I’ve seen her in the sun;

She bathes me in her light.

I’ve seen her in the clouds

Weeping for our lost fight.

I’ve seen her in the shadows

Trying not to be seen.

I’ve seen her in the birds

Who circle over me.

I’ve seen her in the alley cat

Who lets me scratch her ear.

I’ve seen her in the music

That others cannot hear.

I’ve seen her in the lightning

When the thunder calls to me.

I’ve seen her in the stars

Which is where I long to be.

chrisp1653
Posted: Saturday, February 20, 2021 12:00 PM

I absolutely get this ! Every day, even doing the most mundane things, something will spark a memory of my Barbara and I will quite literally see her in that situation, as if she was right here. It's kind of eerie, and yet comforting at the same time.

Hey, I noticed you rhymed this time - mostly.

Army_Vet60
Posted: Saturday, February 20, 2021 12:41 PM

chrisp1653 wrote:

I absolutely get this ! Every day, even doing the most mundane things, something will spark a memory of my Barbara and I will quite literally see her in that situation, as if she was right here. It's kind of eerie, and yet comforting at the same time.

Hey, I noticed you rhymed this time - mostly.

I'm happy for you that you can see her.  I catch glimpses of my wife when I walk around the duck pond she loved.  I catch glimpses of her sitting in her favorite seat at the restaurant where we'd eat breakfast during her illness (she loved their omelets)....

The poem was going to be a sonnet, but it would've been too wordy. Everything I needed to say was in those couplets.

I appreciate your feedback!