RSS Feed Print
Lost His Music & Out of the Band
JacMash
Posted: Friday, September 17, 2021 7:19 PM

I am feeling some loss today.  My DH with EO had a hard blow this week.  He is a musician and he was 'retired' from our band. They 'helped' him with this decision. They are our friends and did what had to be done. He could no longer perform reliably.  He has lost his ability to play, forgets lyrics, etc, all the things you need to perform with a group. It is so odd.  Music has been his life since he was a teen. He writes, sings, plays several instruments...and I just realized all of that should be past tense.  I now tune his guitar, he quit the bass altogether.  This was the hobby I hoped he could hang onto as the disease progressed, so we will be looking for alternate hobbies to fill his time.

It is hard to believe this talented man is losing this precious skill.  Alz is a cruel mistress, indeed!

Michael Ellenbogen
Posted: Saturday, September 18, 2021 7:18 AM

What kind of music did he play?
JacMash
Posted: Monday, September 20, 2021 11:44 AM

He played primarily bluegrass with lots a accoustic rock, classic pop. Anything, really.  He was very talented.  We've cut a few CDs with the band over the years, so it is nice to have his songs recorded and lots of his vocals. 

Fortunately, with bluegarass music,  one can get by on 1-4-5 (three chords) , so maybe he can hang on to some of the older tunes longer.

Thanks for asking.

Michael Ellenbogen
Posted: Monday, September 20, 2021 12:30 PM

Did he by any chance liked Glenn Campbell?