RSS Feed Print
A thread for light moments? Share yours!
Joe C.
Posted: Friday, January 24, 2020 7:09 PM

Putting DW to bed tonight and told her I was staying up a little longer, she says, “No your not, your going into the next room to sleep with her” as she points to her reflection in the mirror.
Ed1937
Posted: Saturday, January 25, 2020 1:51 PM

Another funny - not funny. Out daughter was in the hospital, and the docs were trying to figure out what to do with her. My wife said "It's not going to be a problem. It's not 1950 anymore. It's 1998".
LittleVolcano
Posted: Sunday, January 26, 2020 10:56 PM

Thanks so much for this thread. It's been a rough week with my mother; this helped so much. 

My mother often struggles to find the right words, and more and more, the words she finds are swear words. Then we all laugh (with her), because she never swears.

We also have to be very careful about leaving our things out on her kitchen counter, because she will "put them away" and then of course have no clue where they are or that she even picked anything up. In fact, I have to scour the house tomorrow morning because I think she "put away" my headphones. My fault for leaving them on the counter, but still, she's so fast!

And probably my favorite moment in this entire ish-storm of a disease was when we had a large family gathering for Xmas the first year Mom got diagnosed. Dad was giving a pre-dinner speech, and he was trying to express how much these family gatherings mean to him and my mother. He got to the line, "I just want you all to know how much you all mean to me and..." And he trails off and starts crying because he couldn't even say Mom's name. And Mom, totally oblivious to the gravity of the moment, pipes up, "Sharon!" The whole family burst into laughter and applause. It was perfectly timed comic relief.

Whyzit
Posted: Monday, January 27, 2020 1:07 PM

DH and I were having lunch at a restaurant near a Staples Office Supply Store. He wanted to go there to have his new fishing license laminated. I told him we have the laminating materials at home already.

We left the restaurant and went to the grocery store to pick up a few items. While there he headed down the office supply aisle. I asked him what he was looking for. He replied sarcastically, “well you said you needed STAPLES!” Hmmmmm

Ipodd
Posted: Thursday, February 6, 2020 9:19 AM

My DW was getting agitated and would tell me she did not like the other woman and thought I was replacing her. I could not for the life of me figure out what she meant as I am with her 24/7 she would point at the dresser and say Her! finally she walked up to identify the other woman and it was her reflection in my sunglasses. I've put them away and the other woman has not bothered her since.