RSS Feed Print
what would you want people to know about living with dementia?
alz+
Posted: Friday, May 15, 2015 9:52 AM

Many people know my usual rants on it is hard but we do not dissolve.

Your suggestions for other patients or care givers appreciated.

Leaving for panel discussion and question answer session in a few hours, located an hour from home.

Please post any thing you wish people understood about having Alzheimer's.

I'll print them out before I go and tell the audience and the dementia network women who are hosting this film and discussion. They want to know, they have the ability to change their game plan, they want insight.

I will post tomorrow how it went and if I am wanted to do more.

Mimi S.
Posted: Friday, May 15, 2015 10:24 AM

Hi Alz+
My two thoughts are always the importance of a very early diagnosis and the importance of being proactive and following Best Practices.

Lisa Ramey
Posted: Friday, May 15, 2015 11:28 AM

Speaking for me personally, I would say find humor where you can. Laughter is the best medicine. Humor has served me well as a coping skill. Poking fun at my EOAD makes others comfortable to ask questions then I can inform them without their fear of offense and it shows that I am still Lisa who shoots straight from the hip but is not afraid to laugh
eaglemom
Posted: Friday, May 15, 2015 1:20 PM

I will post for my DH - find a purpose to your life. Let it be anything you want - something you love to do, and can still do. When the time comes that you need help with your 'purpose' your caregiver can help you in that roll. We all need a purpose.

eagle

oncape
Posted: Friday, May 15, 2015 2:23 PM

Fear of new diagnosis...what's to come?
The loneliness of new diagnosis!
Feeling totally alone, even with support group.

Mimi S.
Posted: Friday, May 15, 2015 6:52 PM

Once, As you post more often and others get to know you, I do hope you will be finding support here.

Do check your state alz. assoc. and see if they have a phone support group.