RSS Feed Print
For those with dementia that may sleep to long
Michael Ellenbogen
Posted: Monday, January 13, 2020 12:57 PM

Do you find yourself sleeping a lot longer than you once did? I have a much harder time getting out of bed these days. I may wake up many times in the morning and just go back to sleep for another hour. I may do this a few times. I just don’t feel like getting up.

I think the reason I may do this is because it is so peaceful at that time and I hear no noise and the brain just feels so relaxed that I don’t want to do anything that will disturb the way I feel and so relaxed. If this is happening to you let me know why you may be sleeping latter. 

BadMoonRising
Posted: Monday, January 13, 2020 1:26 PM

Actually, I'm finding my sleep is very disturbed. I wake up after about 4 hours, feeling hot and sweaty, even after I've turned off the heat in my bedroom. (I'm well past menopause so I am NOT taking this in stride. ; ).  After making several attempts to go back to sleep I'll succeed. And then I will oversleep. *sigh*.

Lord I miss those dreamy mornings. I'm hoping things will settle down and I'll have them again. Enjoy! 

Michael Ellenbogen
Posted: Monday, January 13, 2020 1:33 PM

Thanks for your reply. I should say I take a pill for my allergies and I know it also helps me sleep. The reason I know that is when I forget to take it I have lots of difficulty sleeping. So I am lucky as it serving two purpose for me. 

Michael Ellenbogen
Posted: Monday, January 13, 2020 1:35 PM

I think I had lost dreamy mornings for along time and they did come back to me. Sometimes they seem so real that when I wake up I am unsure of the reality of them. 
BadMoonRising
Posted: Monday, January 13, 2020 8:04 PM

Dang! I was cheerfuly typing that I was going to take melatonin tonight, then remembered I have a medical appointment in the morning. I'll have to wait a bit longer before I can reclaim those lovely, soft mornings lying in bed.

Iris L.
Posted: Monday, January 13, 2020 8:27 PM

I too, have fragmented sleep.  So far this year I have had two nights when I slept all night.  Usually only once or twice a month do I have unfragmented sleep.  I take 5 mg melatonin every night; I was advised by both the neurologist and the rheumatologist to increase to 8 mg. 

In the morning, I don't have a dreamy state, but I don't feel like getting up; I am still tired--even if I have slept all night.  Only using CPAP made me feel rested.  My sleep doctor retired. 

I take my time doing my morning tasks.  Around 1 or 2 pm I feel like I can do something.  But when the sun starts to go down, I am ready to have dinner and rest up from the day.  I am exhausted.  It's odd, but when I am on a trip, I am not tired.  I think it is because I have no responsibilities and I have nothing on my mind, and because I do more walking and less lifting.

Iris

looking4relief
Posted: Monday, January 13, 2020 9:54 PM

Altought my condition is not really confirmed.. For the last few months I have been sleeping a lot more. I used to be very insomniac now I can fall asleep within 5 minutes. If I'm very exhausted (after hearing many people talk in a loud place for a long time especially) I can also fall asleep in very uncomfortable positions or places which I couldn't before. Like on a floor with no mattress. I sleep a straight 9 to 10 hours. I think I dream a lot at the end of the night when I wake up I remember glimpses of my dreams. And then after being awake for 2 hours I feel like I'm ready for a whole night of sleep again. I force myself not to nap and to wait until late evening. I have never slept so well..
Grandpa Brian
Posted: Tuesday, January 14, 2020 5:49 AM

Sleep lets my brain settle, so I try to get 8 to 9 sleep a night. I believe it is some of my mediation, but I have very vivid dream also. It is almost like I live two lives now!
Cathyde
Posted: Wednesday, January 15, 2020 9:51 PM

I am like the other female can’t sleep and done with menopause but wake up sweating and cant sleep
Cathyde
Posted: Wednesday, January 15, 2020 10:02 PM

I wish I could sleep well I also do not have a firm diagnois first was rapid progressive dementia the. Cotrtical basil syndrome at 6 month check up no change I have trouble writing my hand has a mind of its own sometimes I am making a b and my hand makes a backwards b

upintheair
Posted: Wednesday, February 5, 2020 6:55 AM

I was having extremely disturbed sleep and replaced my 11 year old mattress. Voila, I am now sleeping through the night.

I am, however, sleeping later. I don't know whether that is because of the EO thing, or because I am not working, or because of I dunno. But replacing the mattress did help.

looking4relief
Posted: Wednesday, February 5, 2020 7:45 AM

My sleep pattern has changed. It's now harder to sleep and I start waking up between 2 and 6 am, after my sleep is not very deep and I wake up often. If I can afford to sleep late I manage to get back into a deeper sleep between 7 am and 10 am. And I take extra cbd oil to fall asleep..

Iamthebreadlady
Posted: Wednesday, February 5, 2020 5:48 PM

Yes, me too

Iamthebreadlady
Posted: Wednesday, February 5, 2020 5:49 PM

yes, me too