RSS Feed Print
Vent: care frustration
biker013
Posted: Wednesday, February 26, 2020 7:46 AM

DH is at it again:   sleep patterns +

He doesn't drink much fluid.  Hence the constipation also fragile skin.  He has 4 small wounds on his arms.    It is difficult to bandage (or rebandage) them by myself because he won't hold still and cooperate.    I keep telling him that I'm trying to take care of him, but he cooperates better with others than with me - it's so frustrating!  So far, I have been able to give him his Vitamin B12 shots - but he accompanied me on my learning curve.

I just thought of something:  MAYBE  DHs SIL (a doctor) would be willing to help with rebandaging.  OR if not, a home health nurse, etc.

Ed1937
Posted: Wednesday, February 26, 2020 8:43 AM

Sorry you're having a hard time with that. But I think you're right. They will be more cooperative with someone else. We come across as being "controlling". Just about anyone else will typically have more success.
biker013
Posted: Wednesday, February 26, 2020 6:33 PM

update:  after supper DH had a BM, but wouldn't let me clean him or change his Depend - pushed me forcefully into a corner.  I had my phone, so I called EMS - they and police came.  Finally I was able to get DH cleaned and changed.  EMS also changed his bandages on his small wounds (and didn't charge). 

In a little bit I will give him his bedtime meds and hopefully we can sleep tonight (fingers crossed).

biker013
Posted: Friday, February 28, 2020 4:52 AM

Early am: needed to change DHs bandage (the dressing was stuck to the wound)

called EMS - this time they charged.

biker013
Posted: Saturday, February 29, 2020 3:15 PM

I just finished cleaning diarrhea from the bathroom.  DH wouldn't sit down (in protected area) for me, so I called EMS again.  When they got here, they cleaned DH and I cleaned the bathroom.  They also helped me rebandage him (using my supplies).

Now DH is lying on the protected mattress - I need to remake the bed.

biker013
Posted: Friday, March 6, 2020 10:36 PM

I was bandaging a bruise that had opened on DH ;  I told him several times to hold still - he wouldn't do it.  I finally got the "wound" rebandaged but not before he got blood on eveything (at least it wasn't poo.)
SSHarkey
Posted: Friday, March 6, 2020 10:50 PM

I’m so sorry. It sounds like you’re in a place that you are needing more help than  you can provide alone. Please think about how you can get more assistance for you both! I’m concerned for you!
Eric L
Posted: Friday, March 6, 2020 11:03 PM

Biker, I just read your other post where your husband's son said that you shouldn't touch his savings account. It sounds like it is time to let his son take over his care.