RSS Feed Print
NIA is hosting a 2020 Dementia Care, Caregiving, and Services Research Summit Virtual Meeting Series in Summer 2020.
Michael Ellenbogen
Posted: Friday, July 3, 2020 6:24 AM

The National Institute on Aging (NIA), in conjunction with the Department of Health and Human Services as part of the National Alzheimer’s Project Act (NAPA), planned to host the second National Research Summit on Care, Services, and Supports for Persons with Dementia and their Caregivers on March 24-25, 2020. The in-person event was canceled per COVID-19 physical distancing guidance. In lieu of the in-person event, the NIA is hosting a 2020 Dementia Care, Caregiving, and Services Research Summit Virtual Meeting Series in Summer 2020. This series will include research presentations, panelist remarks, sharing of the draft research gaps and opportunities, and moderated discussion/Q&A. These draft gaps and opportunities, developed by the Summit Steering Committee with input from stakeholder groups and organized into six themes, are intended to identify important poten tial areas for future research in the fields of dementia care and caregiving.

The dates of the Summit Virtual Meetings Series are:

Please note: (1) You need to register again by clicking the above links if you want to attend one or more virtual meetings because your Eventbrite registration will not carry over; (2) you need to register for each virtual meeting separately*; and (3) all three virtual meetings will be recorded and posted publicly for on demand viewing.

Visit the updated 2020 Summit website to view the virtual meeting agendas, the draft research gaps and opportunities, and details about a Request for Information intended to collect public feedback on the draft research gaps and opportunities.

Michael Ellenbogen
Posted: Friday, July 3, 2020 9:01 AM

There is so many more emails I get like this. The Alzheimers Association also gets them as they are on the same email list. Do you ever wonder why they do not share it with you to make your lives easer and better? There are so many more but I just can not keep up with my emails anymore. You should ask them why they do not share this with you. 

Michael Ellenbogen
Posted: Friday, July 10, 2020 9:01 AM

The first meeting is today.