RSS Feed Print
What is your unintentional super power?
lizziepooh
Posted: Saturday, August 15, 2020 8:28 AM

For my husband, we joke that he can suck the fun out of anything in 30 seconds or less.

For me, I annoy people, I guess. My husband calls me a rebel rouser. That is not my intention.

Just like my husband's intention is not to suck the fun out of things but to assess risk, I do not intend to rebel rouse, whatever that means. I just mean to talk to people.

What is your unintended superpower? Just wondering

Rescue mom
Posted: Saturday, August 15, 2020 11:20 AM

Lol, in the line of what you mentioned, mine might be the ability to play devils advocate.

Or, I’ve been told, the liking to debate/discuss (some might say argue) almost anything without getting emotional about it. I’ve been known to start out on one side, then end up on the opposite side, just for fun  and conversation.

Facts generally are not good or bad, they’re just....facts. But  if someone’s really emotionally invested in it, then I’m probably not the one to play with. Maybe that’s kind of like rabble rousing ?

ruthmendez
Posted: Monday, August 17, 2020 11:00 AM

This is a hard question....I keep thinking what is mine???

Well, yesterday my sister was a little stunned about something I told her of what I said to a friend of mine...she said, “HUUUH.,. YOU SAID THAT??!!! That’s really blunt...”

So...I guess I’m a little blunt or mean??

I’ve been called “you cold” recently....but I already know that....

Maybe my unintentional super powers is cold dip/drench rouser??? I need a better one.

I really don’t know.... I’ll think about this some more...

ruthmendez
Posted: Monday, August 17, 2020 11:01 AM

How about skinny dip rouser!
jfkoc
Posted: Monday, August 17, 2020 12:04 PM

paying attention to other people's grandchildren....this will win over anyone
lizziepooh
Posted: Tuesday, August 18, 2020 2:36 AM

Out of all the words that exist in the English language that could be used to describe you, Ruth, I never would imagine cold as one of them.

I refuse to use it in the naming of your superpower.

lizziepooh
Posted: Tuesday, August 18, 2020 2:42 AM

Dear RescueMom,

Rabble rouser not rebel rouser. lol! Must have been a Freudian slip.

When I shared your superpower with my husband he said that it is hard for devil's advocates to have friends but I suspect you have good friends, friends that appreciate someone being honest and fair.

What has been your experience, if you care to share?

lizziepooh
Posted: Tuesday, August 18, 2020 2:57 AM

To jfkoc,

I kicked my three year old nephew out of my house and I am not sure who was more surprised: my sister in law, my nephew or myself. But we all learned my limit and that was not a bad thing to learn. I never had issues after that.

Maybe the trick is to speak up when it is effective. People can't hate you when you are effective, can they? Lol!

lizziepooh
Posted: Tuesday, August 18, 2020 3:41 AM

I am convinced yours lies within being blunt and honest, Ruth. It is why I love you. I know if I have a conversation with you, Ruth, I am having a real conversation. There is no facade with you. It is your charm.

Probably why people hate you but I still can't figure out your unintentional superpower. What is it? Not having an answer to this is going to bug me for years to come, I suspect.

ruthmendez
Posted: Tuesday, August 18, 2020 2:13 PM

But I like skinny dipping rouser!!

Oh well...I’ll have to ask around and see what folks think mine is....I really don’t know.  I’m kinda afraid to ask....get back on this.

Don’t tell my sister, but I think she’s a nerve racking rouser. Every time she stops by her aura is so neurotic....if I’m in a bad mood it’s awful. She talks 100 miles a minute and it’s usually about work and mean things that people did to her, someone is jealous, someone doesn’t like her, someone does like her....she’s been  described as “not a team player” OMG it goes on n’ on. It’s draining....what a minute...one time she said “you’re just an old bitter woman!” Maybe I should ask her what my power is. She should know...TBC

lizziepooh
Posted: Saturday, September 5, 2020 12:45 AM

In my experience, family knows us least. I have seven siblings and maybe only one gets me. The odds are our family does not know us well. They believe what they think we are and do not know what we actually are.
Luv Power
Posted: Friday, September 18, 2020 9:03 AM

Ha, ha, ha, OH!  My Superpower is I am a "Gatekeeper"!  This is the title my sister (our mother's oldest daughter) and her daughter (my mother's only grandchild) bestowed on me (youngest child, MDPOA and sole caregiver) as their excuse for why they don't visit Mom/Grandma !  They say, "The Gatekeeper won't let us visit.  We have to make an appointment with The Gatekeeper first."

LOL ~ No, I simply asked you to be considerate and call in advance to let me know when you were coming instead of just dropping in unexpectedly, creating chaos in Mom's otherwise peaceful day.

The last time they called me 'The Gatekeeper' as their reason for not visiting,  I replied, "Wow, my Superpowers are pretty strong!  They are so strong that they kept you from visiting Dad/Granddad when he was dying of cancer seven years ago.  I lived 1500 miles away and visited monthly.  Yet, you lived locally, and didn't visit him either!"

Another professional working with me as a valued member of Mom's Care Team once gave my sister and niece the Super Powers of 'The Seagull Family' ~ they come in, make a mess all over everything and leave!  Ha, ha, ha, OH!