RSS Feed Print
Ruth????
MissHer
Posted: Friday, March 27, 2020 11:27 PM

Are you down here? I've been running up and down the steps looking for you. I walked around the block and asked everyone, "Have you seen Ruth?" they looked at me with  "are you crazy" look and scurried off. I give up.

I should add "yoo hoo, anyone home?" like my grandma did. lol

ruthmendez
Posted: Saturday, March 28, 2020 2:16 AM

Hi Deb!  I became a creeper.  I just kinda creep every now and then, but with no real interest in posting.

Lately, I kinda feel like this "No thankyou....dressed in my best....but would like a brandy" scene >> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUrJ_Huk5so

With all the panic and not finding much last week at the grocery store....it irritated me.  

One of my co-workers showed me an image of empty aisles at a grocery store he went to.  Then he said, 

"I began to panic-shop and I ended up buying this!"  He shows me a photo of his garage filled with cases of his favorite beer.  It was so funny.

I'm just annoyed. Waiting for the surge to hit L.A. and trickle down to where I'm at.  Good thing I can still work...but depends on what happens here and if the stay at home order elevates.

But, at least yesterday it was better at the grocery store.  Found the chicken and eggs.

Dad is good, oblivious, and happy.  Like Baby Huey.

Gosh.

MissHer
Posted: Saturday, March 28, 2020 7:19 AM

Oh I'm really sorry. This is awful.Glad that you're okay and your dad. Going to pray for you and stay healthy, Deb
abc123
Posted: Saturday, March 28, 2020 7:41 AM

Hey Ruth, it's good to hear that you and Dad are okay. Sorry about everything else that's upsetting you. Take care!

Deb, Thank You for your post !;! I was starting to worry about her. Take care and thanks again!

ruthmendez
Posted: Saturday, March 28, 2020 1:38 PM

Thk u ladies. Let’s just float along and hang in there.  :o/
abc123
Posted: Wednesday, April 1, 2020 5:34 AM

I'm still floating..... I got to talk to my Mom on the phone recently. Her reply to everything was "I'm watching TV" 

But she couldn't tell me what she was watching! She seemed to be content and peaceful. She's 9 hours away. I wish my Dad would move the two of them closer to me. 

Be well my friend! I hope your Dad hasn't been mischievous! His little happy smile in his picture makes me happy.

lizziepooh
Posted: Thursday, April 2, 2020 1:57 AM

How awesome to stumble on this thread. I was thinking the same thing, Where is Ruth?, and was not sure where I was going to find her but at least I knew enough to check musings.

I am glad I did. 

Some of my enjoyment of this site is tied up with seeing Ruth's posts. I am glad I visited musings.

ruthmendez
Posted: Thursday, April 2, 2020 4:29 PM

Hello ladies!

Now here's a question:

Has anyone seen Chris (chrisp1653) lately???

He thinks his secret fading away went unnoticed!

I wonder how he and Barbara are doing?

By the way, I ordered this mask: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0868LJ459/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Whatcha think?

(This all sucks!)

MissHer
Posted: Thursday, April 2, 2020 4:45 PM

Hi Ruth

Does that mask say." Seize  the Day? " That sure is expensive. Can't you just make some? We aren't required to wear them and I haven't seen anyone with one on, yet. I don't go out much,though. I get most of my food from the Natural Grocers and the stores are small.  

I don't know where Chris went. Lots of people left. 

Praying for your health and safety. 

ruthmendez
Posted: Thursday, April 2, 2020 5:10 PM

Thx Deb! You too...

Time to spend what’s left of my savings! And it’s perty....

abc123
Posted: Friday, April 3, 2020 3:19 AM

Ruth, you'll look fabulous and you can wear it with your swimsuit and flip flops! 

My mask has little orange and yellow stripes.