RSS Feed Print
Current Participation in a Clinical Study
gatorband
Posted: Thursday, May 21, 2020 9:45 AM

Is anyone currently participating in a clinical study but has yet to complete it, and if so, has it been suspended due to COVID? Furthermore, if it's been suspended, has your research team given you any update on if/when it may be restarted?  My DW is currently participating in a study out of state and our first phase (2.5 weeks on site) was cut a few days short in mid March when COVID started. We're  supposed to travel there again on the first of July for phase 2 but everything is on hold and there's been no word on when we may be able to resume. I'm concerned that if we don't stay on schedule, it may compromise the integrity of my wife's study data and thus, they'd have to either start all over again, or worse, here disease progression will decline to the point where she'd be ineligible for the study at all by the time they do ramp up operations again.  Thanks for any experience with this type of thing that y'all can provide.  It's our first time doing one of these and we've had a great experience so far and it will suck if we have to start all over or worse, now be excluded altogether.
HowDoYouDeal
Posted: Tuesday, June 2, 2020 1:31 PM

You may want to re-post on the spouse and care-giver page to get an answer,  this board, the clinical trials, it doesn't have the same traffic.