RSS Feed Print
Just need to talk to my friends (129)
ladyzetta
Posted: Sunday, September 20, 2020 2:49 PM

Lorita,  I am so sorry to hear about your sister and you know we all are here for you. You are such a real good caring person your sister has a wonderful sister and is lucky to have you in her life. Will Sarah have enough time to get to the facility to be with her? You are all in my prayers. Hugs Zetta
SQBEAR50
Posted: Sunday, September 20, 2020 2:58 PM

Hi all,

My cousin is here and it's clear she's here to only do the financial business. Not help too much with our uncle. But I do understand she is teleworking. The next time she comes back I will go home. 

Nothing else going on here.

Nicole

Lorita
Posted: Sunday, September 20, 2020 3:21 PM

Thank you, Zetta.  I've been trying to get in touch with Sarah but she doesn't answer her phone.  She doesn't live far from the MCC.  It isn't that imminent so she can go if she's well enough. The nurse said it would probably be a few days.

I remember how I felt when Charles' doctor told me he had maybe a month to live-  feel the same way.  He only lasted about a week.

I had to get out of the house so went out to the barn and sat a while with the girls.  Always helps ne.  Sure do wish I had that tree limb right now.

Nicole, how long will your cousin be with you?

mxnmomma
Posted: Sunday, September 20, 2020 3:50 PM

Hi Lorita

I have been trying to  figure out how to post  a picture from my new laptop and as usual it came to me  about 2:00 AM.  The cactus  for the dragon fruit it  growing on  a lime tree in the middle of my back yard.  The flowers  come out at night  so I get the lovely   gift of these blooms in the morning.  The fruit only takes a few  weeks to grow,,, I get one  per flower.

Not much is new here. I am still isolating  and spend most of my time at home  but all is well.

Take care  Anne

File Attachment(s):
Pitahaya.jpg (158977 bytes)

Sayra
Posted: Sunday, September 20, 2020 4:22 PM

(((((Lorita)))))  So sorry, know your heart is heavy.

Anne thanks for sharing the photo.  It is so beautiful.  Your chicken is too. 

Jo C.
Posted: Sunday, September 20, 2020 5:09 PM

Oh Lorita, I am so very sorry to hear about your dear sister; this is a very heartfelt time.  You have been such a very good and loving sister sister and continue to be.  I send you my warmest thoughts; I will be thinking of you and am with you in spirit.

J.

Lorita
Posted: Sunday, September 20, 2020 7:30 PM

Hi,

Thank you all - I appreciate you all and to know that I'm not alone in dealing with this.  I haven't been able to get in touch with Sarah all afternoon - don't know if it's her phone or what.  Just now texted Todd to see if he can get her.  Did talk with Patsy. She's lost two brothers so knows what it's like.  Like I said, I'll make the arrangements tomorrow and hope that things get better for her - but we all know what not eating means.  Doesn't make it easier though.

Anne - do you mean the cactus is somehow attached to the lime tree?  It's so strange looking but the flowers are pretty.  Could you take a picture of the fruit when it is growing?  I'm so curious about this fruit - only have seen it on TV - just can't imagine how you eat it or how it tastes.  Do you cook with it or eat it raw?  Sara's right - your hen is pretty - Rhode Island Red?  I hadn't noticed it until she mentioned it.  Are you still getting eggs?

Thank you Sarah and Jo - it is hard.  Just hate that this is happening.  She'll be 89 the 21st of January.  Had a nice, long life.

Been kind of a hard afternoon - spent quite a lot of time outside.  That's better for me than being inside.  It was only about 79 this afternoon - finally took off the jacket.

Went out with Stormy to see the girls when they came out of the barn.  Saw everyone except the three little girls and all at once here they came, all together running as hard as they could with their little tails up in the air.  They were headed for two other little girls who are about five or six months old. So cute.

Maybe there'll be someone on TV tonight to occupy my mind.  See you all tomorrow.  Sleep well.

BethL
Posted: Sunday, September 20, 2020 8:06 PM

Lorita, I am so sorry about your sister. You have been such a compassionate, loving sister and I know she has appreciated you and all you do for her. Praying that you will have peace and that your sister will not suffer.
VetEly
Posted: Sunday, September 20, 2020 9:39 PM

Lorita

So sorry to hear about your sister. May God give you comfort at this time.

Hope Sara gets help soon for her pain.

Shirley

Lorita
Posted: Sunday, September 20, 2020 10:11 PM

Thank you Beth and Shirley,

Still haven't gotten in touch with Sarah.   Don't know what's going on with her.  She has doctor's appts. This week so maybe she can get some pain meds.

I know if my sister won't eat her systems are shutting down.  If it can't be stopped (and it can't) I hope she doesn't linger and suffer, Beth. It's been just over four years since she was diagnosed but she had problems some time before that, probably a couple of years.  When she went into the MCC she was active - singing and dancing and doing painting which she loved.  Th e decline started when she fell and broke her hip and ankle and had to.have surgeries.  We all know that happens after anesthesia.  This was about three months ago.  It's been fast.

About ready for sleep and hope for better news tomorrow.  Thanks again to all of you for the comforting words.  Much appreciated.

I'll talk with her nurse in the morning.

Lorita
Posted: Monday, September 21, 2020 9:38 AM

Morning,

I just had a call from the hospice nurse at my sister's MCC.  Lorita passed away, peacefully, at 7 this morning.  The nurse wasn't there but the MCC staff was.  She has been there just over four years so they were well acquainted with her.  I'm glad she wasn't alone.  Even though it's expected, it still comes as a shock - just hadn't thought it would be this soon.

I still haven't been able to get in touch with either Sarah or Todd.  I've left voice messages and sent text messages to both of them - no reply. 

The nurse asked about the funeral home and I gave them the name and she said she's reach out to them to pick Lorita up and they'd call me later.  She had tried several times to contact Sarah, too.

Even though it's expected, you're still not ready for it.  She had a beautiful morning to go be with her Savior. She's with our parents now and I know she's happy to see them.  

VetEly
Posted: Monday, September 21, 2020 10:18 AM

Lorita so sorry to hear about your sister.

She is now with God and made whole again.

I will keep you in my prayers to give you strength during this sad time.

God Bless

Shirley

jfkoc
Posted: Monday, September 21, 2020 10:22 AM

Lorita.....must love from me and Winda

Jo C.
Posted: Monday, September 21, 2020 10:22 AM

Dear Friend,, I am sorry for the loss of your beloved sister, Lorita.  You have been a dear sister to her with your caring oversight and thoughtful compassion for her, and you continue by making arrangements for her so she will be in good hands; you have met her final need in a very loving manner.

It is heartening to know that her passing was peaceful and hopefully that knowledge will be comforting. 

We are holding you in our thoughts, far away friends we may be, but close in heart.

J.

ronald71111
Posted: Monday, September 21, 2020 10:47 AM

Lorita, I am so sorry to hear about your sister. From your writings, I feel as  if I knew her. My prayers are with you and family.

Ron

Rescue mom
Posted: Monday, September 21, 2020 10:52 AM

So sorry about the loss of your sister. Even though we know it’s coming, it’s still hard. Hope you can find strength in knowing she is with family now and no longer suffering.
Seaside
Posted: Monday, September 21, 2020 11:05 AM

Dear Lorita...I'm so sorry to hear of the passing of your dear sister. Praying for you and the rest of your family.

Love, Betty

Sayra
Posted: Monday, September 21, 2020 11:19 AM

(((((Lorita)))))  You took such good care of her.
Sasue
Posted: Monday, September 21, 2020 12:51 PM

Dixie, I’m so sorry for your loss. I’ll call soon.

Sandy 

madmary
Posted: Monday, September 21, 2020 2:30 PM

Lorita,

So sorry about the passing of your dear sister.  Prayers and Hugs to you and your family.

Doityourselfer
Posted: Monday, September 21, 2020 2:39 PM

I'm sorry for your loss.
BethL
Posted: Monday, September 21, 2020 4:33 PM

So sorry for the loss of your dear sister. I'll be praying for you and for Sarah.
SQBEAR50
Posted: Monday, September 21, 2020 7:28 PM

I'm deeply sorry for your ur loss. 

Nicole

jfkoc
Posted: Monday, September 21, 2020 7:43 PM

thinking of you this evening...........as Leanne would say "got you in my pocket"
littleme
Posted: Monday, September 21, 2020 7:56 PM

((((Much love)))) from across the Pacific
Lorita
Posted: Monday, September 21, 2020 8:03 PM

Hi,

My internet has been out for the last eight hours - they cut a fiberoptic wire in our area and just now got it back together. 

Thank all of you for your condolences and prayers.  Both were much needed.  It's good to have great friends who understand.  I'll tell Sarah tomorrow.  She called this morning on her way home from the hospital.  Todd came home yesterday and found her in bed, unresponsive and bleeding from the mouth so got her to the hospital.  She'd had a seizure and bit her tongue. 

I did get the arrangements made this afternoon.  Judith, I dealt with Chris and he was so nice and helpful.  Thank you again for giving me the name of the funeral home.  Sarah will go there tomorrow and sign the necessary papers and they'll do the cremation tomorrow he said. 

It's been a tough day - talked a lot and my voice is showing it - that along with being among ragweed and other weeds a lot today.  As I've said to so many others when they've lost a loved one, the only consolation I find is that Lorita is no longer hurting or being confused.  She's well again, probably dancing and having fun.  I hope so - she loved to dance.

Judith, I just read your post and shed a few tears.  That is what Leanne always said.  Thank you for your call this morning.  I talked with the RN at the MCC this morning and she's going to look for the picture.  I'll be in touch with her again tomorrow and hopefully they find it. 

Sarah and Todd will go there either tomorrow or next day to pick up a couple of pieces of furniture.  They'll donate her clothing to the MCC in case there's someone who might need them.

I've read so many times on this forum that after someone has had to have anesthesia the decline can be rapid and so marked.  I think it's only been maybe three months since her surgery - just went too fast - never really recovered.  She had been there just over four years - time really went fast.

Odd feeling - I had just completed making my final arrangements and then had to make my sister's.  This is the fifth time - enough.  Well, there's no one else left so guess it is enough.

I'll stop for now - again, thanks to al of you for your posts.   Such kind, caring friends you are.  Makes me feel good to have you - I'm not alone.

Sleep well tonight - hope I can.

Jane Smith
Posted: Monday, September 21, 2020 8:25 PM

I’m so sorry to hear about your dear sister, Lorita. Please accept my condolences for your loss. You know we are all thinking of you.
telinde
Posted: Monday, September 21, 2020 10:10 PM

I just checked in to catch up.  

Lorita, I am so sorry for your loss.  That was a fast decline.  I’m happy she didn’t linger for days or weeks.  You are right knowing she is whole and healthy again.  It’s just so hard for the ones left behind.  You and Sarah are in my thoughts and prayers.  I hope all of your wonderful memories brings you peace and comfort.  I hope Sarah is strong enough to get the papers signed and attend the ceremony and burial.  I’m sure Todd will make that happen.  You did the best for her and I hope you can take some time to rest and feel at peace.  

All is good here.  I’ll check in tomorrow and post more then.  Sleep well.  Joan

ladyzetta
Posted: Monday, September 21, 2020 10:11 PM

(((((( Lorita))))))))   I am so sorry about your sister. You know she is in a better place now and someday you will all be together. Your were the best sister she could have ever wanted. Please take care of yourself and get a lot of rest. You have a lot of girls who will need you in  the morning. Love and Hugs to you. Zetta
Sandymac
Posted: Tuesday, September 22, 2020 12:46 AM

Love and hugs to you,Lorita, from your Australian friend.  Haven’t caught up for a while and was about to catch you up with some of my doings, but will leave it till another time.
Katy sue
Posted: Tuesday, September 22, 2020 6:12 AM

So sorry to hear of your loss. Enjoy your posts greatly. You are a very generous and kind lady. A bonding between sisters is like no other. Such a treasure that you two had that. She will always be there for you whenever you need her now.
Lorita
Posted: Tuesday, September 22, 2020 9:05 AM

Morning,

We're having a soft rain this morning.  When I was out about an hour ago we'd had .3" of rain.  Didn't go down to see the girls - they were in the far NE pasture and I could see some of them from the back of the barn. 

I just wanted to thank those of you who posted after my last post.  Your condolences and prayers are much appreciated. I know today will be hard for Sarah as it will be for me but knowing you all are with us and sending good wishes will make it easier.   

I need to call a couple of cousins in Muskogee to let them know and a few others.  Just wasn't thinking yesterday.

Just put another loaf of bread in to bake.  Love the toast it makes.  

Hope all of you are well this morning.  It's the first day of Autumn!  We made it through the summer - now, if we could just get rid of Covid, we'd be doing all right.

Lorita
Posted: Tuesday, September 22, 2020 11:44 AM

Hi,

It's still raining and looks like it will be for some time longer.  I love mornings like this and I know the girls are enjoying it, too.  They're still down grazing.

Sarah called - Todd was on his way to pick her up for them to go to the funeral home and then a bit of other business.  She says all of her muscles are sore from the seizure and she's tired.  Maybe after she gets home she can rest and feel better.

Got in touch with one of my cousins and his wife.  He's four months younger than I - has the same birth day as daddy.  He's had Parkinson's for many years and this year had to have three surgeries so he's not doing well at all.  Another cousin, his sister, has had to go back to the NH.  They were unable to find a reliable person to stay with her. She'll be 90 in February.  So, that side of the family isn't faring any better than ours.

That loaf of bread is almost done.  Smells so good.  Next time I bake one I'm going to try the Asiago Cheese - I'll use the same recipe but just add the grated cheese.  Just wasn't in the mood today.

Judith, I've talked with the MCC this morning.  The Activities Director wasn't there yesterday but today will look through the paintings to find the one we're looking for.  They'll call me and I'll let you know.  I do hope they can find it. I thought it might be hanging in her room - but guess not.

I think I'll take a nap this afternoon.  I slept last night but my knee hurt and it was kind of a fitful sleep. 

Very, very quiet here this morning - but, it always is so nothing new there.  Sandy, thank you for the call last night - good to talk with you. 

Thanks to all of you again for your kind thoughts and prayers.  It does make things easier to know there are people who genuinely care.

Anxious to hear how all of you are doing.  Sandra and Barbara, I'm so glad the fires are out in Australia.  I know it'll take a long time for your Country to recover.  Now, the fires are here and are so awful.  Seems like the whole world is in turmoil.

Joan - have you gotten snow yet?  I know your State isn't doing much better than ours as far as the virus is concerned.  Do you think we'll ever get back to a somewhat normal way of life?

telinde
Posted: Tuesday, September 22, 2020 3:30 PM

Hi all.  We’re having a windy and cloudy day here.  At least the smoke isn’t here today.  We might have showers later today.  Lorita, parts of Colorado have had snow, just not here.  It was at the tops of our local mountains and we had sleet, but nothing on the ground.  I’m surprised we haven’t had a freeze yet.  Trees are all changing to brilliant red, yellow and bronze.  Very pretty.  

I’ve been in a mess here.  My back was feeling better so I am cleaning out the basement and store room.  Restore from Habitate for Humanity on Thursday to pick up some of the furniture and hopefully a lot of the other things I’m getting rid of.  I guess the rest will go to Good Will and the thrift store if they will take it.  If I would have done all this during lockdown, It would have it behind me.  Oh well, here I am in the middle of a mess.  

I did finish up jelly making yesterday, so that’s done and ready for Christmas giving.  I have to take a few breaks to rest my back and do the therapy exercises.  I don’t want to get the pain started again.

I need to get to the grocery store today.  Last night I had eggs and waffles.  I need vegetables and a few staples so I have something to cook.  Lol.  I can smell the bread baking from here.  I love to eat it right out of the oven with butter.

Welcome to the new posters.  Helen, I remember you are from Colorado.  You live in the higher elevation for sure.  I bet your mornings are getting really cool.  We have been around 45-47 for over night lows.  I guess it’s fall for sure.  What do you write about?  Your posts are so eloquently written.  Do you write novels?

Beth, come chat often.  I don’t post as often as I used to, but keep up reading what everyone is up to.  It’s a fun place to visit.

Judith, I found a bunch of Harv’s rodeo gear, ropes, cowbells, etc.  I wish your cowboy grandson was close so I could give it to him.  I still laugh about one rope that was in the basement.  Harv gave it to me on my birthday.  He wanted me to hang it on the wall for decoration.  I guess I’ll keep that rope just because it makes me laugh.

I hope everyone on here has a great rest of the day.  I’m off to grocery store.

Lorita, take care.  You’ve been on my mind.  Joan

Sayra
Posted: Tuesday, September 22, 2020 4:39 PM

Quiet day.  Cleaned the house, picked up my car from the garage.  Nothing wrong just take it for yearly maintenance each fall.

Lorita seems like you bake bread quite a bit.  Made a small pot of chili today.  Wanted it to be just a little hot.  Dried a few hot peppers.  Tried a little hot banana today in it and that worked pretty good.  

Joan it will feel good when you get done.

Our leaves are just starting to turn.  Hope they are pretty.  Some years they are and other years they just turn brown.

Hope you sleep well tonight Lorita.