RSS Feed Print
A better place to be.
Jim Broede
Posted: Sunday, September 11, 2016 7:12 AM

Maybe one never dies. But lives forever. In one form or another. Transcending and ascending. To a grandstand in the sky. A spirit. A spectator. Watching. As an observer of human life.  From above. This weird planet Earth.  Wondering. If that’s where the original creator sits. Taking in the daily melodrama. Not knowing whether to laugh or cry. Or to applaud or jeer. Of course, I also want the option. To leave the grandstand. For a peek of happenings in other worlds. Far out in the infinite cosmos. Thereby, losing my desire to return to Earth.  Having found a better place to be. --Jim

Jim Broede
Posted: Wednesday, September 21, 2016 9:51 AM

I’m curious. About what lies beyond. In places too far to see. Therefore, I have to journey. To keep moving toward another destination. Forward. Forward. Forward. Never in the same inward place two days in a row. Sure, I’m stuck in the same physical environ. For long times. But inside. My spirit is always on the move.  --Jim

ruthmendez
Posted: Sunday, October 28, 2018 2:24 PM

I read part of this book once (I think I fell asleep lots of times and lost my place in the book, then I picked up another book....)>>>> The Journey of Souls

Michael Newton is a Hypnotherapist.  He gets his clients to go back in time and remember past lives.  It's about some of the stuff they did during transitions of one life to another.  Even about some folks living two lives at one time....without realizing it.

This book is kinda interesting and sometimes I remember it when I read your posts.  

He mentions about other worlds and what is out there, according to his clients' memories.  And about what we're doing before we are conceived.  The energy around us.  Our input or work on the world (or other worlds) even when we're only in spirit form.

Have you read it yet?

Jim Broede
Posted: Wednesday, October 31, 2018 12:33 AM

I like your choice of books, Ruth. No, I haven't read Newton's book. Though I've read a summary on the Internet. I'll check it out at the library. I knew a guy. Many years ago. In Florida. Who went to a hypnotist. Regularly. To learn about his past lives. He was a firm believer in reincarnation. I'd not mind being reincarnated. On another planet. In another galaxy. In a higher form of life. Something far superior to an Earthling. I'm assuming I'd retain the same soul/spirit. Wonder if I could adapt to a higher form of life. Better that, I suppose, than a lower form. --Jim
jfkoc
Posted: Wednesday, October 31, 2018 9:47 AM

Hinduism teaches that there are several levels in reincarnation; you can be reincarnated in a higher level if you've earned it, but you can never slide back. So, a cow might be reincarnated as a human (moving up). But a human cannot slide back to be reincarnated as a cow. That's where karma comes in. If you behaved badly in your present life, when you are reincarnated, it's your turn to have bad things happen to you; after all, you earned it - what goes around, comes around. Hinduism is complicated, and reincarnation in Hinduism, as far as we know, does not stand alone. It is combined with dharma and karma.

ruthmendez
Posted: Wednesday, October 31, 2018 9:16 PM

ruthmendez wrote:

I read part of this book once (I think I fell asleep lots of times and lost my place in the book, then I picked up another book....)>>>>????missing hyperlink?????? The Journey of Souls

What happened? To the link I put there before??  Something mysterious is altering my posts....oh well.  

ruthmendez
Posted: Wednesday, October 31, 2018 9:19 PM

I must reread the guidelines...