RSS Feed Print
Changing Lives
EdiBug
Posted: Sunday, June 19, 2022 2:40 PM

Today is the one-year anniversary since my husband, Bill, passed away.  It is a difficult milestone to reach.  All those firsts without him have happened.  First birthdays and holidays, anniversaries and family events.  All those days were hard, but I think the hardest part has been the day-to-day everyday life.  I came across a quote yesterday, and it sums up my feelings quite well and thought it was worth passing on.

"I have plenty of people to do things with; I just have no one to do nothing with."

Felicity Green, Journalist

ladyzetta
Posted: Sunday, June 19, 2022 2:48 PM

That is a beautiful quote, and it is so true. it has been 4 years since my DH passed away. Believe me things will get easier. Your DH will always be with you. Please take care of yourself, that's what he would want. Hugs Zetta
Army_Vet60
Posted: Sunday, June 19, 2022 3:42 PM

EdiBug wrote:
Today is the one-year anniversary since my husband, Bill, passed away.  It is a difficult milestone to reach.  All those firsts without him have happened.  

From my own experience, when beloved spouses die, they take half of the world with them.

The first year is going to be hard because everything you loved with him is now going to be a first not happening...

A Grief Counselor can help you if you haven't considered it up till now. It took 18 months of therapy after my wife Sandy died before my counselor broke through the pain and got me to find my way back from the pain.

I hope you can find your way back in your own time. 

jfkoc
Posted: Monday, June 20, 2022 12:45 PM

The quote says it all. Thank you for the share.
Jo C.
Posted: Monday, June 20, 2022 4:11 PM

It took my breath away in its clarity.

Thank you,

J.