RSS Feed Print
As Figured, I Got Reported & Edited & Warned
BillBRNC
Posted: Tuesday, January 2, 2018 4:41 PM

The title says it all. Now I wonder. As for warned, I'll take whatever I get with a smile.
Angel_Wolf
Posted: Tuesday, January 2, 2018 5:37 PM

Been there? 
Now I use a word program to get my thoughts out so, then, when I re-read what I've written I can review ....      This is such a valuable site, it seems very natural to get carried away in some form or another.  People care and that is very compelling...    I missed whatever was your censured event, but AS ALWAYS HERE, you are not alone.   Uh, I believe I have a 'permanent' monitor....

dayn2nite2
Posted: Tuesday, January 2, 2018 6:17 PM

Anyone whose worth their salt has been warned and edited.  I proudly count myself in that group.  We have some babies here who like everything to be rainbows and unicorns all the time.
chrisp1653
Posted: Tuesday, January 2, 2018 6:53 PM

dayn2nite2, I know I've been warned, or had  posts deleted or something, whereby I fell afoul of the monitors, but to be fair, some of the ones you call " babies " here, are PWD, and their sensitivities and feelings are, or should be, at the core of what we post .
dayn2nite2
Posted: Tuesday, January 2, 2018 6:57 PM

Believe me, people reporting posts are generally those who do not have dementia .
BillBRNC
Posted: Wednesday, January 3, 2018 6:37 AM

dayn2nite2 wrote:
Believe me, people reporting posts are generally those who do not have dementia .
Right you are, and there are many around. Just saying.

Keep It 100
Posted: Wednesday, January 3, 2018 9:56 AM

dayn2nite2 wrote:

You got that right!
Keep It 100
Posted: Wednesday, January 3, 2018 9:57 AM

BillBRNC wrote:
The title says it all. Now I wonder. As for warned, I'll take whatever I get with a smile.

Keep smiling. You are valued here and much appreciated. Happy new year!
jfkoc
Posted: Wednesday, January 3, 2018 10:03 AM

I have reported many posts and will continue to do so when I think a post is in violation of the terms and conditions we agreed to when we registered. So when in doubt feel free to hold me responsible and move on. I see no need in hurting anyone here either directly or by innuendo.
I missed the post now being discussed but you can blame that one on me too.

dayn2nite2
Posted: Wednesday, January 3, 2018 10:45 AM

A hobby helps fill free time.
BillBRNC
Posted: Wednesday, January 3, 2018 12:34 PM

Not to beat a dead horse, but I thought this Forum was for people who had dementia or caregivers for people who have dementia. That is what the various boards say. That is why I deccided to spend time here to gain knowledge of dementia and caregivers for people with dementia. This covers me and my wife. I have find lots of good knowledge on the caregiver board, because they live with dementia day and night taking care of us. Not so much true with the two specific boards for people who have dementia. Why? Because so many many many of the posts there are about how to prevent dementia, or problems of living with MCI, a know it all approach to every question ever raised about real dementia, and almost endless chatter about how bad it is to have something that is not in fact dementia. We are lecctured to that people who have MCI just might one day end up with dementia, so they should be allowed to posts literally thousands of messages about everything but MCI. I have nothing against people with MCI reading and posting to the EO board or any board here so long as they don't take over every discussion with endless comments. Otherwise, they should wait until they actually have dementia. I should object. Now interesting, I think the caregivers would go absolutely crazy if people who had never lived with or taken care of someone with dementia undertook to flood their board with lectures about how caregivers should do things and think and feel about what is going on 24-7 in their house with their loved one. I really doubt such people would be accepted very well there, and for good reason. So why not the same rule for the EO board? 

Now, this why I go to find a good forum that is limited to only people who have diagnosed DLB. They also accept people who have diagnosed dementia where DLB is being considered a potehtial or likely cause. Same for the caregiver board there. I really don't want to give up totally on the Alz Forum, but heck the Alz Axxociation is more or less telling us dementia people to suck it up and go with the flow. So that is what it is all about for me. I do believe I have thoroughly killed this dead horse again, so I will try to never again say a word on this subject. Have a great day. Bill.

jfkoc
Posted: Wednesday, January 3, 2018 2:15 PM

Bill, I hope you know that I have only respect for your opinion but I wish you would not keep your expertise from those who can really benefit from it. Example....your post on EO today. 

It seems that more are coming to the boards with a diagnosis of LBD. Please help them and just skip over what you don't like. Please!

obrien4j
Posted: Wednesday, January 3, 2018 2:37 PM

Good for you,Bill. Speak your mind, ruffle some feathers and join those of us here who dared to do the same....and got in trouble! Hehe!
jfkoc
Posted: Wednesday, January 3, 2018 8:23 PM

Yes, 

Come on friends...it is not that hard to live up to what you said you agreed to.  If you have forgotten the terms and conditions you can review them by scrolling down to the bottom of this page and selecting tham.

BlueSkies
Posted: Wednesday, January 3, 2018 9:32 PM

Bill, I have ruffled feathers too and not even sure how, but it's all good.  You have many friends here and most of us understand exactly how you feel.  Count me as one.  

Liking the "basement gang". 

jfkoc
Posted: Thursday, January 4, 2018 10:05 AM

Jim is in France on holiday. Maybe going on to Italy. He should be back soon.
BlueSkies
Posted: Thursday, January 4, 2018 10:52 AM

Llee, replied to your post that you also put on EO board.  I don't believe for one moment anyone is trying to divide boards here.  Just people voicing their frustration.  That's all.
Keep It 100
Posted: Thursday, January 4, 2018 3:40 PM

BlueSkies wrote:
Llee, replied to your post that you also put on EO board.  I don't believe for one moment anyone is trying to divide boards here.  Just people voicing their frustration.  That's all.

Bill’s frustration, like your similar one last year, are valid and worthy of respect and support.
BlueSkies
Posted: Thursday, January 4, 2018 5:08 PM

Yes, thank you keep it 100.  That's what I was trying to say.  No one trying to hurt anyone.  Or start a war on boards.  No worry llee, but as keep it 100 said perfectly,  "all posts"  are worthy of respect and support here.
just exhibit Love
Posted: Friday, January 5, 2018 5:01 PM

Bill may I share...

I have been warned and even had posts deleted several years ago and I felt such gratitude for jim and pastiche and skericheri as we  became bonded and stood our ground many many times expressing our thoughts and feelings and sharing how we as true caregivers helped each other through some hard times and  did our best to help someone we each loved with alzheimers.

FYI and one of the people who became so offended way to often and became very argumentive because we did not agree with her thoughts and feelings... became a peer volunteer and is still here.. and I laugh when I think about it now.

Namaste

Love Rosie

"To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world."

jfkoc
Posted: Thursday, February 15, 2018 8:12 PM

Not everything goes....one can still get edited and have recently.
Jim Broede
Posted: Friday, February 16, 2018 6:10 AM

As for you, Bill.  You'd get off easy. With a pat on the back. If I were calling the shots. Please play your precious banjo for me. --Jim
kellly
Posted: Friday, February 16, 2018 11:48 AM

Well, Bill, I haven't read all your posts so maybe I missed it, but I never saw anything you wrote that would have made me think you'd get a warning. But from what other people are saying, I guess a warning is a mark of distinction. Should I congratulate you?
jfkoc
Posted: Friday, February 16, 2018 12:58 PM

Warnings, editing and deleting are infrequent. Since we are given great latitude in how we treat each other here I would not view them as a mark of distinction
Andrew60
Posted: Saturday, February 17, 2018 10:03 AM

As a person with MCI, I completely agree with Bill. I learn from all the PWD posts, but I seldom comment because I dont have dementia, so how can I offer help?

This entire forum has changed since I first joined in 2016. The early onset board is very slow, and the musing forum is dominated by a one who loves to inflict emotional damage.

Jim Broede
Posted: Saturday, February 17, 2018 12:26 PM

Wish I could make everyone happy and content. Most people have to do it themselves. That's better than blaming others. For their state of mind. The blame game. It's played all the time. When I'm unhappy, I have no one else to blame. Other than myself. But I acknowledge those with dementia. Are not to blame. For their state of mind. They need help. Delivered compassionately. but often, that help is misconstrued. Paranoia. Paranoia. It's a curse of dementia. Jeanne had to overcome her paranoia.  She did it. Largely with the help of good vibes therapy. Good vibes. Good vibes. And more good vibes. Make the difference. My way of convincing Jeanne that I was on her side. On bended knee. I kissed her hands. Every day. Her cheek, too. --Jim
Jim Broede
Posted: Saturday, February 17, 2018 12:38 PM

Come to think of it. Some beleaguered care-givers suffer from paranoia, too. They need compassionate tender loving help as well. Hard to tell.  Maybe we all need it. --Jim
Underdog
Posted: Saturday, February 17, 2018 1:10 PM

I like to take pictures. I shoot with a Canon. Do you take pictures Jim? Even if it's with a cell phone?
jfkoc
Posted: Saturday, February 17, 2018 2:33 PM

Nikon 4F, black and white only. I also spent time, heavenly time, in the dark room. That is where the magic is.
llee08032
Posted: Sunday, February 18, 2018 8:09 AM

Keep It 100 wrote:
BlueSkies wrote:

Bill’s frustration, like your similar one last year, are valid and worthy of respect and support.
Why is my name being called out Blue and Keep It? I don't even know of you Keep It? If you have an opinion of me Keep It and please keep me out of your trouble making tactics.

llee08032
Posted: Sunday, February 18, 2018 8:20 AM

Please in the future if you have something to say about me reply to me directly. We should not be calling out others on the board. That's what causes problems and hurt feelings. I would think a C/P w/o an impairment and who knows better would not do something like that. Please delete your post with my name and let me be. I feel attacked!
jfkoc
Posted: Sunday, February 18, 2018 10:17 AM

"NEGATIVELY" CALLING OUT OTHERS EITHER BY NAME OR IN SUCH A WAY THAT EVERYONE KNOWS WHO IS BEING TALKED ABOUT HAS ALWAYS HAD A NEGATIVE RESULT.

IT LEADS TO ARGUING ON THE BOARDS THAT SEEM TO GET ADDITIONAL FUEL THRU PRIVATE COMMUNICATION.

IT LEADS TO PEOPLE TAKING SIDES. WE EITHER AGREE OR COME TO SOMEONES DEFENSE.

Jim Broede
Posted: Sunday, February 18, 2018 3:06 PM

Photography. I can take it or leave it, Underdog. Writing is another thing. I have to write. And mostly in my own way. Free from the dictates of editors and others. I learned photography. As a young man. In the 1960s. When I worked for local weekly newspapers. One had to be a jack-of-all trades. A writer. An editor. A photographer. A page designer. A type-setter. Even a delivery boy. Any and everything. If nobody else was there to do the job, I stepped in.  Sink or swim. On-the-job training. I relished it all. No challenge was too big or too small. I was given a camera. To use. Productively. Artfully, too.  Oh, what a thrill. The satisfaction of bringing photos to life. In the darkroom. Didn’t bother me. That occasionally I worked 16-hour days. Covering breaking news. Anyway, I have set my camera aside. Since retiring. To focus on my first love. Writing. When Italian amore Cristina travels with me. Cristina takes the pictures. She’s good at it. When strolling  down the Royal Mile in Edinburgh (Scotland). Please don’t burden me with a camera. I prefer opening my soul. For a lasting memory. Often later recorded. In writing. --Jim

llee08032
Posted: Monday, February 19, 2018 8:15 AM

jfkoc wrote:

"NEGATIVELY" CALLING OUT OTHERS EITHER BY NAME OR IN SUCH A WAY THAT EVERYONE KNOWS WHO IS BEING TALKED ABOUT HAS ALWAYS HAD A NEGATIVE RESULT.

IT LEADS TO ARGUING ON THE BOARDS THAT SEEM TO GET ADDITIONAL FUEL THRU PRIVATE COMMUNICATION.

IT LEADS TO PEOPLE TAKING SIDES. WE EITHER AGREE OR COME TO SOMEONES DEFENSE.

And it will always lead to a "negative result." This thread has to be one of the most disturbing threads ever. A man came here and bashed and tore a woman apart on the YOAD board w/o ever saying one word to her directly and no one but me saw that as wrong? Not one word did he say to her directly! The sad thing is that everyone on the YOAD board reached out to him and cared about him. Not one untoward word was ever spoken to him on the YOAD board. 

jfkoc
Posted: Monday, February 19, 2018 9:00 AM

I have been in her position. No support for me either.

I am ashamed that I did nothing here.