RSS Feed Print
Loss of Mother nearing 1st Anniversary of Dementia
vanessag
Posted: Saturday, December 9, 2017 4:30 PM

Hello all

I have posted before just giving you an update. I am living in Tampa now and in two weeks it will be the first anniversary of my mother's death from dementia. She passed December 23 just before Xmas Eve 2016. I interred her on January 21 2017 and my dad died two months later from cancer. Although they were divorced he still loved her and I think he just wanted to be with her. This is really sad for me because November was her birth month.

Veterans kid
Posted: Saturday, December 9, 2017 11:00 PM

Hi vanessag,

I wish I had some words they could help take away the sadness...it’s just something we have to try and get through.  

Feb will be two years since my dad joined my mom.

I wanted you to know I’m thinking about you.  There are those of us who DO understand and can relate.  

I’m sending you big virtual hugs!!!

And pop tarts .  

Julie. 

Pam14
Posted: Sunday, December 10, 2017 10:51 PM

My heart and prayers are with you, Vanessa.  It's particularly hard associating our losses when they occur around a holiday, especially Christmas.  May God fill the void & grief in your heart this holiday season with love, strength & warmth.  Try to do something kind for yourself & then, if you can, make a donation in your parents' names or something where you'll feel it helps their legacy to live on.  As my sister's hospice chaplain said, "The greater the love, the deeper the loss."  Those words are so true, but we can live on.  Our loved ones would want us to.  Many blessings to you.
vanessag
Posted: Wednesday, December 20, 2017 9:43 PM

Thank you
vanessag
Posted: Wednesday, December 20, 2017 9:45 PM

Thank you for your kind words
Tay46
Posted: Thursday, December 21, 2017 10:42 AM

Bless your heart, Vanessa. Believe me, I know it's tough. Cling to those wonderful memories of your parents and let them bring joy, love and peace to your soul.

Tay

Mommmas girl
Posted: Tuesday, January 2, 2018 11:57 PM

Iam so sorry for ur loss.  My dad passed away a year ago December 9th. Now I'm dealing with mom having dementia and Alzheimer's . Mom and dad had been divorced for 50yrs. Dad was remarried and had two other children.  I'm my moms only child. Just trying to come to terms with all of this.  My biggest fear has always been losing my mom.  Every since I was a child.
vanessag
Posted: Sunday, February 18, 2018 1:18 PM

Hello all,

Another update. I could not talk about this until it was over. My mother did have Dementia but she did not die from it. She was killed by the infections from the bed sores that she received. Lawsuit was filed and I settled so that I could move on. The nursing home will meet their karma I am just glad it is over. I cannot discuss the settlement.