RSS Feed Print
This hit home with me this morning
George K
Posted: Saturday, March 24, 2018 7:18 AM

"Love has a hundred gentle ends."   —Leonora Speyer

Letting go is a process that is seldom easy. For many, its meaning is elusive. How do we "let go"? Letting go means removing our attention from a particular experience or person and putting our focus on the here and now. We hang on to the past, to past hurts, but also to past joys. We have to let the past pass. The struggle to hang on to it, any part of it, clouds the present. We can't see the possibilities today is offering if our mind is still drawn to what was.

Letting go can be a gentle process. Our trust in our God and our faith that good will prevail, in spite of appearances, eases the process. And we must let each experience end, as its moment passes, whether it is good or bad, love or sorrow. It helps to remember that all experiences contribute to our growth and wholeness. No experience will be ignored by the inner self who is charting our course. All are parts of the journey. And every moment has a gentle end, but no moment is forgotten.

My journey today is akin to yesterday's journey and tomorrow's too. I will savor each moment and be ready for the next.

ndhme
Posted: Saturday, March 24, 2018 11:15 AM

George

Thanks for posting this.  In addition those that have lost someone, this so aptly fits those that are traveling a dementia journey.  So many are unable to let go of how life was in the past they are not able to move forward with today.  Letting the past pass is a real struggle.

KML
Posted: Wednesday, March 28, 2018 11:27 AM

I am struggling with letting go.  My mom passed, then my father passed, both from Alzheimer's.  It was very hard to lose them.  I have eased into the losses.  My struggle now is the loss of my only sibling, not to death, but sibling has made a choice not to have anything to do with me.  With sibling, also goes my brother-in-law and my only nephew.  Death is a loss, that is hard enough to deal with.  Those who are still living but choose to treat you like you are dead, is painful and tormenting.

I have been searching for a way to deal with this loss.  I have been told to let go, but always being the fixer in the family, this letting go is foreign to me.  I know I have to do it, I just don't know quite the way.  I hope as I move through this, I will see light again.

MyCWW
Posted: Tuesday, April 3, 2018 8:26 AM

"The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong at the broken places.  But those that will not break it kills. It kills the very good and the very gentle and the very brave impartially.  - Ernest Heminmgway