RSS Feed Print
Origin Point Medicine the Cure for Parkinsons/Alzheimers?
alpha
Posted: Thursday, August 4, 2016 9:45 AM

My dad has been diagnosed with moderate Alzheimer''s conditions which is progressing very fast that some of the symptoms resemble Parkinson''s patients. 2 months ago, he started producing phlegm non stop. Fortunately, we are in Asia, and had been introduced to Origin Point Medicine Therapy (OPM) founded by a Taiwanese doctor.

OPM believes that illness is caused by insufficient heat in the body, hence Parkinsons and Alzheimers patient trembles when they move. That is similar to what happen to us when we are in cold. I started giving my dad Ginger Soup (500g of sliced old ginger) each day, boiled for over 3-4hours starting from 2L of water down to like 500ML. Ginger soup has to be drank while it is hot. Immediately, his phlegm reduced after 2-3 days, and now we put him on electric underblanket at night with constant heat therapy using heating pad during daytime. Phlegm reduced and he walks much better. We also do "an tui", some form of "press and push - massage" on the origin points which are believed to be the source of all our pain or illnesses.

You can look up more information on Origin Point Therapy here: http://www.origin-point-medicine.org/. My father is not cured from Alzheimers but his symptoms are manageable with the intake of ginger soup, heat therapy and origin point massage.

Lane Simonian
Posted: Thursday, August 4, 2016 10:22 AM

I cannot really speak to the rest of this, but ginger is a good antioxidant that may help in the treatment of Alzheimer's disease.  Perhaps the additional reduction in stress and better health produced by this combination of treatments plays a beneficial role as well. Best wishes to you and your father.
alpha
Posted: Friday, August 5, 2016 6:08 AM

Thank you for commenting. Appreciate your kind wish. Indeed, as you rightly said, my dad benefited from the heat therapy, origin point massage and ginger intake. 

In fact, we had earlier tried functional cranial release (FCR), manipulation of the cranial bones by using a balloon apparatus to allow smooth air flow into the brain as well as acupuncture. Acupuncture goes rather slow when compared with Origin Point Therapy. But it all requires cooperation from the ALZ patients. Patients need to do some brain exercise as well as physical exercise. On this part, my dad is super lazy and we are almost giving up on him. Technically, he loses half of the battle as he is still in denial that he has Alzheimer's. 

So, I just want to let anyone who read this that it is still not too bleak although there is no cure yer for Alzheimer's. If phlegm is a big headache, can try give them hot boiled ginger water. Get them to stand under the sun if possible. I know what I said here is merely my own anecdotal experience but I sincerely hope some of you find it useful.
Lane Simonian
Posted: Friday, August 5, 2016 3:40 PM

I just thought of one more thing: the heating pad and the origin point therapy may help increase blood flow in the brain.  By whatever mechanism, these treatments are helping your father.  I hope that others may benefit from your experiences, as well.
Iris L.
Posted: Saturday, September 17, 2016 8:15 PM

alpha wrote:

. Technically, he loses half of the battle as he is still in denial that he has Alzheimer's. 

Alpha, your dad is not in denial, he has anosognosia.  This is a characteristic of Alzheime's Disease in which the patient remains unaware that he has dementia.  He truly believes he is fine and will become upset if you try to insist that he has dementia.

If you read this article, you will learn more about anosognosia.

http://alzonline.phhp.ufl.edu/en/reading/Anosognosia.pdf 

Iris L.