RSS Feed Print
Larry the runner
Iris L.
Posted: Wednesday, December 26, 2018 9:59 PM

I might have an opportunity to travel to Ghana in 2019 for an extended  family gathering.  If so, perhaps we could meet.  I would love to meet you if I ever get there.  There are no actual plans at this time, nevertheless.

Iris L.

Larrytherunner
Posted: Friday, December 28, 2018 8:22 AM

Hi Iris. That would be great if you can come. We live along the coast in Takoradi, which is one of the cleanest cities in Ghana with a year round climate about like Georgia in the summertime, and clean air coming from the ocean. I can also meet you anywhere in Ghana.

My wife and I are not working, and we have lots of time to show you around. I am retired and my wife and I are living in a three bedroom house and have an extra room if you want to stay for a while. It is not fancy but we like it. We have two children, girls age 9 and 3. There are also a lot of nice hotels nearby in the 20 to 30 dollars price range (the prices are really cheap compared to the states) and also inexpensive hotels in the capital city Accra and all around Ghana.

I think Ghana is a good choice because the government is stable, the people are welcoming, there is a low crime rate, and cost of living is low.

I will send you an alzconnected.org invitation. Take care. Larry

Iris L.
Posted: Friday, December 28, 2018 2:21 PM

Hello Larry.  Thank you for the invitation. I am hopeful about getting a chance to visit Ghana, although there are no plans yet, only a thought.  My ex-husband was from Senegal so I am familiar with home life in West Africa.  I will let you know if and when my plans takes form.  Thanks again.

Iris L.

Iris L.
Posted: Tuesday, February 26, 2019 3:02 PM

Hello Larry.  I learned that there will be no trip to Ghana for my family this year.  One family member has become ill and another family member has become a caregiver, with all that that entails.  I am sorry that I won't get an opportunity to meet you and your family in person this year.  We'll see what the future holds .

Iris

Larrytherunner
Posted: Thursday, February 28, 2019 2:36 AM

Sorry to hear that you are not coming. I and my family will be here whenwever you do. This May marks ten years that I have been in Ghana, and I plan to stay here for the rest of my life. Not only do I like it here, but the cost of living here is low, and it is too high in the states to live just on social security and a retirement. We are able to save here, and my wife and I are even building a house. Take care.