RSS Feed Print
Just had my 1year follow-up
SteveSanJose
Posted: Saturday, March 17, 2012 4:11 PM

Just had my a one-year follow-up of this study I did last year on early detection of Alzheimer's. It involved Memory testing, an MRI; and a Pet Scan, with a radioactive dye injected into my circulatory system. The dye enhances the Pet Scan. They did this same tests one year ago. A early detection test for Alzheimer's is something that is desperately needed, and more important to me than drug trials. There are drugs out there now that slow Alzheimer's symptoms, but no early detection test. I am doing another similar trial next month. My screening interview, to see I am eligible is April 18. There was a drug trial for Citalopram also going on at Stanford, but I wanted to do their early detection one. I couldn't do both at the same time. Stanford and the Veterans Center at Stanford ( you don't have to be a veteran ), have a newsletter that lists all the studies they are doing, it is on their website. Remembered to find studies, or trials you could always register with the Alzheimer's Association trial match program.