RSS Feed Print
Turned down for a early detection study
SteveSanJose
Posted: Thursday, April 26, 2012 12:23 PM

I had my screening interview for a new early detection of Alzheimer's study. One of my other disabilities is spondylosis in my back, it's a form of arthritis. This study required need to have spinal fluid taken. They suggested that I cannot do this spinal tap due to my spondylosis. I was turned down for doing this study. I'll keep on looking. I am registered with the Alzheimer's Association trial match program. But I found this trial on Stanford's newsletter. I think from now on I'll let the ALZ Association trial match program find me trials because they know all my other disabilities so it's better than just looking at a newsletter. Seems the more disabilities you have, and the more prescription medicines you take the less trials you will find, that are a good match. Drug trials especially.
bela
Posted: Sunday, April 29, 2012 1:46 AM

Hi SteveSanJose.  I am in Redwood City.  If there is anything you can share so that I can help my mom stage 6/7 i would sincerely appreciate it.  Sorry they wouldn't accept you for the clinical trial.  Don't give up.  I tried to arrange to have my moms brain donated to medical science specifically AD and do you know i couldn't find anyone.  Plus, they needed her consent which she at this stage is unable to give however i have POA
eaglemom
Posted: Sunday, April 29, 2012 9:51 AM

DH has an appointment with UT Southwestern Alz / Memory in the next several weeks.  I plan on asking lots of questions about clinical trials.  Hopefully I'll have more resourses to report back with.  eagle

SteveSanJose
Posted: Sunday, April 29, 2012 12:24 PM

bela - Stanford and the University of California San Francisco  ( UCSF ) both have excellent Alzheimer's, research centers. They not only have research projects, thay are the two places, in the Bay Area I know of, that Alzheimer's patients can donate their brains to upon their death.  My brain is going to Stanford. Both also have excellent doctors, in there Alzheimers clinics. There is a new Alzheimers clinic in the bay area, and thats the one I go to. It's at Washington Hostipal in Fremont. Fremont does not do brain donation. There is also a Nothhern CA Alz Assn chapter in Redwood City. I always go into Redwood City for your 4 of July Parade, and Festival. You have a good one.
eaglemom
Posted: Sunday, April 29, 2012 10:21 PM

Steve what do you know about The Buck Insitute?  Its in CA.  A friend is the one who told me about them.  Just wondering............eagle
bela
Posted: Sunday, April 29, 2012 11:47 PM

Redwood city does have a great 4th of July celebration.