RSS Feed Print
American Botanical Council - List of clinical trial results showing which supplements improve memory
onward
Posted: Sunday, April 14, 2013 9:18 AM

Here's a link to the results of a simple search for the key word "memory" at the American Botanical Council website.  The search produced a list of many clinical trial results, many of which show memory improvement obtained from the use of specific herbal supplements.

http://cms.herbalgram.org/searchresult.html?searchfor=memory&option=all&KY_WS_LOW=2636%7C2631%7C2626%7C2627%7C2629%7C2633%7C2638%7C2641%7C2888%7C6543 

Then using the search engine at WebMD, it's easy to get further info on any supplement that might be of interest, including potential side effects and drug interactions:

http://www.webmd.com/vitamins-supplements/default.aspx 

(And of course checking with one's doctor before trying new supplements is generally a good idea.)

Lane Simonian
Posted: Sunday, April 14, 2013 9:55 AM

I am smiling from ear to ear right now--what a wonderful resource.  It has taken me nine years to more or less understand the pathway that leads to Alzheimer's disease.  The various compounds in many plants (including spices and essential oils) inhibit this pathway helping to preserve memory in healthy adults and inhibit and partially reverse the damage done to the brain by peroxynitrites in people with Alzheimer's disease, including the loss of short-term memory.  My mother was late stage six Alzheimer's disease when I began aromatherapy.  She died five year's later from heart failure brought on by extreme esophagitis and atrial fibrillation (ironically two other peroxynitrite-related disease linked to the drug Fosamax).  Her delusions went away, she did better at object and place recognition, she felt comfortable around relatives again, she re-awakened to the world.  Her vacant stare was replaced by a big smile.  We did not defeat the disease, but given the knowledge we had we contended with it.