RSS Feed Print
No call, no show
ruthmendez
Posted: Wednesday, July 3, 2019 4:37 PM

Today, the bath aide from Hospice didn't notify me when she was planning to stop by the house to bathe dahty (daddy).

I was wondering, but wasn't concerned about it.  Until the case nurse called me to ask some questions before visiting dad. "How are his BMs, is he eating well, ...(stuff like that.." And then she asks "how about his medication?  Do you feel it's time to up his medication??  Is he still agitated?" 

I said no, we don't have to up his drugs.  He's fine.

Then she says, "....last time we visited him, he was agitated with the bath aide and we've never seen him like that..."

That's when I realized the bath aide must of freaked out on her last visit.  I thought, so...is she not coming back???

Anyway, I told her, "OOOOH, he's just like that sometimes,... he can hit me, but it doesn't hurt....he doesn't even know how to use his strength...he can't get up anymore anyway...he gets like that when he can't keep up with communication sometimes, or if he's having a bad memory or just in a bad mood..."  (Actually, the caregiver told me that the bath aide was talking too much and that probably dahty didn't like it and tried to slug her...that's when she reacted or freaked "hhhhuuuuhhhhh!")

When the caregiver told me the story last week, we just laughed and didn't think much else of it...but I guess that was  NO NO.

Anyway, no call no show.  So I called the caregiver and said, "I think the bath aide complained, now my poor baby won't get a bath today" (I don't really need her anyway...)

So, the funny part is...unexpectedly hours later I get a call, "Hi, this is Raymond from blah blah blah..I'm gonna shower your dad today!"

I busted out with a giggle....then I called the caregiver, "you wanna hear something funny?  A man is gonna come and bathe dad today!  HAHHAHHAHA!" 

The caregiver said, "oh, what an exaggeration....but hey, send a cute one!"

LizzieC
Posted: Saturday, July 6, 2019 3:49 PM

Inquiring minds want to know...was the new bathe aide cute?
ruthmendez
Posted: Saturday, July 6, 2019 4:06 PM

Ahahah! I heard from the caregiver that she was pleased. She always tells me, “I have a request...that all the doctors, PTs, nurses, aides that come here should be men and good looking....”

Oh gosh

LizzieC
Posted: Saturday, July 6, 2019 4:20 PM

Good to know that she was pleased.  Important to keep the employees happy!