RSS Feed Print
Hyperbaric oxygen therapy (HBOT) for dementia
GoldenLamp
Posted: Thursday, December 5, 2019 10:21 AM

Hi ,

My dad 78 years old has been diagnosed with VD.I came across several articles in the internet which says that HBOT can improve the living condition of people with dementia and restore some amount of cognition.Has anyone tried HBOT for their loved once with dementia ? Have you seen any kind of improvement ? 

Regards,

Chirag

Donr
Posted: Sunday, December 8, 2019 12:53 PM

My wife had HBOT for a slow healing infection. The nurse mentioned that we might see a slight improvement in her dementia but it usually only last for a short time. Her dementia did improve but only for a few days.
Sjodry
Posted: Tuesday, June 23, 2020 2:34 PM

I bought a package of 10 HBOT sessions at a nearby medical facility that offers various P.T. & other treatment modalities. My mom had; had 6 sessions and was doing amazing when the Covid pandemic hit. The facility has temporarily (who knows how long) stopped the HBOT treatments.

It has been one of the most effective treatments I have found for her. Once we navigated getting my 85 y/o into a blow-up chamber successfully and seeing if she could handle the treatment without getting claustrophobic, we were on our way.

I bought her an MP3 player & had my son put 200 of her favorite songs from her era on. She wears headphones & rocks (often singing loudly to the music) and looks very forward to her treatments. I am anxiously awaiting the beginning of this treatment again.

I figured that the HBOT treatments are non-invasive and if your loved one can handle it..what is there to lose in trying.

SjoDry (Sandy)

HowDoYouDeal
Posted: Friday, July 3, 2020 12:12 AM

Is there a way to re-create the rocking out part for your mom, just for the stress relief ?