RSS Feed Print
Flu, Pneumonia Vaccinations Tied to Lower Risk of Alzheimer's Dementia
Serenoa
Posted: Wednesday, July 29, 2020 5:07 AM

I found this new research very interesting for several reasons. It hits on many of the factors that we know are involved in Alzheimer's: immune system, inflammation, infection/viruses in the brain, vaccines (which activate the immune system and have stem cells), and good health practices.

https://www.alz.org/aaic/releases_2020/vaccines-dementia-risk.asp

Lane Simonian
Posted: Wednesday, July 29, 2020 10:14 AM

I am always happy to see your name back here.  You have contributed so much in the past.  I hope that you and your family are doing all right.

Certain viruses, bacteria, and fungi likely do contribute to Alzheimer's disease via oxidation and inflammation.  This study would have been more useful, though, if it had compared people who got vaccinations and did not get the flu and pnuemonia with those who did not get the vaccination and also did not get the flu or pneumonia.  Then we would have known if flu or pneumonia was increasing the risk of Alzheimer's disease or whether the vaccination itself made a difference one way or another.

There are two possibilities: one by mildly increasing the immune system, the vaccinations removed misfolded amyloid or tau proteins and thus reduced further oxidation and inflammation.  Or two, the vaccinations added to already existing oxidation and inflammation and thus increased the risk of Alzheimer's disease.  Hopefully, there will be a further study which controls for the incidence of flu and pneumonia.

Welcome back, Serenoa!

MissHer
Posted: Thursday, November 12, 2020 9:25 PM

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6466133/   mercury..
Lane Simonian
Posted: Friday, November 13, 2020 12:18 PM

A companion article:

A Hypothesis and Evidence That Mercury May be an Etiological Factor in Alzheimer’s Disease

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6950077/

MissHer
Posted: Friday, November 13, 2020 1:50 PM

Thanks Lane. This is so heartbreaking. Unfortunately, it will most likely get brushed off as nonsense.

One of my hero's , Robert Kennedy JR, was labeled as conspiracy theorist. Good Lord help us. 

MissHer
Posted: Friday, November 13, 2020 2:00 PM

It's a war on everything good, decent, and natural wholesome food and supplements. I did call my rep in the 80s and told him, hands off our supplements. 
Lane Simonian
Posted: Friday, November 13, 2020 3:58 PM

The full recognition and acknowlegement of what environmental toxins do to our brain and the rest of our bodies may still be a ways off, unfortunately.  I wonder if your representative back then was Tom Harkin.  I remember that he worked very hard to protect people's access to supplements.
MissHer
Posted: Friday, November 13, 2020 4:28 PM

Hmm I really can't recall. He was a little taken aback. He claimed that some are quackery and they just want money, but that was over 30 years ago .   That about sums it up. 

Now they want to have them labeled as drugs. Then we will need their permission to get some.

I read that in one of my many email subscribed to. 

Lane Simonian
Posted: Friday, November 13, 2020 4:55 PM

It must not have been Tom Harkin then, because Harkin supported access to supplements.  He was often accused of quackery.  We will see what happens next.