RSS Feed Print
Typing with Dementia?
Vik
Posted: Saturday, March 9, 2019 3:15 PM

Ive typed for 40 yrs. on original manual typewriters thru today's keyboards on phones and laptops. I was a VERY FAST typer but when my typing skills started to deteriorate,  i knew somethimg was wrong with me.  Little did i know that it was dementia.

So i was wonderimg if anyone else had the typing issue? My mistakes are on typing different letters, BUT when im typing,  i sometimes get a space between letters.  Anyone notice that in ur typing?

When i first got diagnosed, i started proof-reading EVERYTHING i typed before hitting the send button. Needless to say, that was ALOT of proofreading and not only did it consume ALOT of time, it was frustrating me to no end!  So i ended up just leaving in my typos in communications to my friends and family. Then i started leavimg in SOME typos with my other writings.  So now i feel i hav a healthy balance by leaving in minor typos that people can still figure out what i typed.  However ive tried to type "perfectly" in posts on this website sinc we all hav cognitive deficienes.

I sure wish this website has spell check!  LOL

Iris L.
Posted: Saturday, March 9, 2019 3:31 PM

Hi Vik.  I too, noticed more typing errors.  I don't sweat it though.  I am on my cell phone now and I have a great spellcheck program.  Look at the top of the text area where you see "B" "I" and "U".  Next is ABC"check".  That is the spellcheck.  Do you see it?

Iris

Vik
Posted: Saturday, March 9, 2019 3:37 PM

OOOh yes!  Thank u for letting me know that! Of course i may still do typos!! Lol.
Vik
Posted: Saturday, March 9, 2019 3:39 PM

Do u know if we can " copy and paste" or "cut and paste"  in the postings?  I havnt been able to do that....
Iris L.
Posted: Saturday, March 9, 2019 4:05 PM

Yes we can, but we have to do it old school and do "ctrl+C" for copy and "ctrl+V" for paste.  Try that.

BTW, on the Spouse/Partner board there is a thread on how to make a clickable link, if that interests you Vik.

Iris

Mimi S.
Posted: Sunday, March 10, 2019 11:19 AM

Hi 

vik,

I believe the typos come with the disease. One daughter, especially, can tell how I'm doing by the number of typos. Even though I try to check a few times.
Vik
Posted: Sunday, March 10, 2019 8:30 PM

Thanks for your comments, but more THANKS for being a PEER Volunteer!
Bestgrandma
Posted: Sunday, March 10, 2019 10:45 PM

Thanks for the original post Vik. I hate when I make typos but didn't know there was a spell check on this forum.