RSS Feed Print
Vows, poetry....
quits
Posted: Sunday, January 13, 2013 5:53 PM

12/30/2012

To You Only...... 

To live and love with you and be one forever.

To be near you so I can reach out and touch you.

To make love with you, laugh with you,cry with you, talk with you.

To hold you close every night,waking up to you each morning.

To share my secrets with you and be honest with you.To understand and respect you

accepting you for you.To find shelter in you when I am afraid and hold you close when i need warmth.

To be with you through all the seasons walking with you in the sunshine and cuddling with you in the cold.

To care for you when you are ill and be joyful when you are happy.

To grow old with you and be with you until the end of time.

With you and only you, I would do all these things.

To you and only you...all my love.~Alberta Luciano

My husband had this poem written in pencil in his wallet and told me he wrote it for me before we were married.....one of the best lies he ever told me.We had it read in our wedding ceremony and the words speak to me still.....even if he is not mentally the same man I married.

quits
Posted: Sunday, January 13, 2013 5:54 PM

Has anyone read the book    Beyond Forgetting  ? 

It is by Holly J. Hughes and ?   poetry and prose from Alzheimer families, caregivers?   I was looking at the article about Myriam and saw it as a side article.  I want to read it.

quits
Posted: Wednesday, February 13, 2013 11:08 AM

As another Valentine's day approaches and I read the poem again, I am saddened by the changes from even a year ago.  The person I wanted to share my life into old age with is only glimpsed occasionally and in his place is this child/adolescent/man.  He picked out his own Valentine for himself from me but I had to remind him that they had wife cards.  He tells me he loves me every day...sometimes several times a day and at night while I am trying to sleep I hear him say it.   I love him too, just in a different way than I loved the man he was.