RSS Feed Print
The power of music
Amy BUzz
Posted: Friday, February 8, 2013 8:17 PM

My Mom slipped away into her dark and silent world a few months ago,but one day not long ago,I started to play my music..(which comforts me a great deal),but nothing really brings much emotion to her face it seemed....I played the song "I Believe in Music by Mac Davis. I was singing out loud and dancing round the living room..just being silly...and she started to smile, and then she started to sing along,she knew all the words,and was sort of dancing in her chair with the greatest look of joy on her face that I have seen in a long time! Then she looked a me,with total recognition and " I Love you honey!

If I didn't "believe in music" before...I surely do now!

quits
Posted: Friday, February 8, 2013 8:24 PM

That is a beautiful memory for you and encouraging for me and others to know.  My husband is not there yet but I know he enjoys music.
Mama Sue
Posted: Saturday, March 2, 2013 5:49 PM

Amy,    I  just found your post and loved it.    It's true,  music does have Power.   It can bring joy,  peace,  serenity,  inspiration... so much.

Our Christmas gift to us was a Bose music system.  couldn't really afford it...I'm making payments.   But it was the BEST purchase I've ever made because of the pleasure it is bringing to my husband.  He is 85.  I play old CDs for him.   He remembers all the words and sings along.

Try  some more old songs for your  Mom.  Does she have a sister or someone else who can remember the songs she listened to in her teen years?   Try those.  She may respond again.

Bless you, dear child.  I love you too.